• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 Build

haha you serious?

flat black makes it look almost reminiscent of bjorck's 242. At first glance it looked like you had the 86+ front end. Whats up with the trim on the rear quarter panel? Did you add that because as I recall the 242's never came with that crap

Yep, added it to cover up the metal work from removing the asscheeks and some of rusty metal in that area. It'll look a lot better once it's painted.

btw looks FANTASTIC!

oh Im having a group buy on Cobra seats you know right now, 20% off ;-)

Thanks man, I'd love to get in on that but I'm short on money right now.

If you tinted that car black it would look even more evil,

Looks pretty awesome!

Right now all the side windows are tinted 35%. The rear windshield isn't tinted, so a lot of light comes in through there and makes the windows look less tinted.

awesome...how many cans of paint did it take?

I used around a 1/3 of a gallon to do the one heavy coat (rolled on not sprayed). Only had one night to paint it, so I couldn't do light coats with wetsanding between.

Bump, that thing looks amazing! I hadn't seen any updates since like a year ago, well done!

Ever get the freeze plug issue sorted out? I kept popping them out of my B23 also, ended up just pulling the engine and MIG welding them in place. Ain't goin' no wheres now!

Adrian, you're dumb, of course MS makes on the fly changes, go out and tune more! :-P

John

Just got back to CO from a two week break back home, during that time I finally got the car registered and insured! Also did some basic tuning and put around 200 miles on the motor before another freeze plug incident. At just 11psi with a mild tune it pulled VERY strong. Hell even at 5psi I was impressed, especially with the low compression b21ft. All of the flow improvements really paid off :)

Bump, that thing looks amazing! I hadn't seen any updates since like a year ago, well done!

Ever get the freeze plug issue sorted out? I kept popping them out of my B23 also, ended up just pulling the engine and MIG welding them in place. Ain't goin' no wheres now!

Adrian, you're dumb, of course MS makes on the fly changes, go out and tune more! :-P

John

I repaired the first blown plug with one of the temporary rubber expandable plugs which has held up fine. Two nights ago, it blew another freeze plug :( after a hard pull. Decided I'm just going to pull the motor and replace all the plugs myself, instead of waiting for them to pop out(not sure when I'm going to have the time to do that).

Worked on the body a decent amount the past two weeks, still needs a lot more work. Only has two thin coats (rolled on :) ) My buddy took a ton of pictures yesterday, the rain really makes the paint look way better:

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSCN3121.jpg

DSC_0041-1.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0044-1.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Only photos that were photoshopped

ps1.jpg

ps2.jpg

Oh look. Dave's driveway.:-P
It's hot. And so is that interior.
It pulled well when I rode in it months ago. I can't imagine how it is now.

B21/23 freeze plugs NEVER seal up right after being removed, thats why I swithched to cup style on my B23FT. You car is sexy BTW, I need to do a rainy photoshoot with my car

He wants it lower?

To bad he just had those bilsteins rebuilt at tall length. Would of been a good time to go the short strut route.

Well I think he's happy how it sits, just wanted that ability to go lower.
My car sits a bit lower than his.

Back