• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cars & Coffee at COTA - Swedish style! July 21, 2019

WillettRun?

†John3:16
300+ Club
Copypasta:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2236328706681974/

Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 7 AM – 12 PM

Circuit of The Americas
9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd, Austin, Texas 78617

* DATE CHANGE**
** DATE CHANGE**

Please note: C&C has changed the date from July 14th to July 21st. I guess that means we have more time to spruce up the rides, right? :) Sorry for the confusion. Hope you can still all make it out!

Time to wash the brick, bolt on the last few parts you've been meaning to attach and get the Volvos together at COTA again!

$5 bucks (credit card only) to get your car into the show, or free if you just want to visit. Either way, it'll be a great day. July's proceeds will be donated to the Dog Alliance, benefiting Hounds for Heroes, a wonderful organization that pairs up veterans with loving service animals.

If you'd like to roll in as a group, we can meet at my place (SE corner of Buda) which is about 15 minutes from COTA. Address is 237 Travertine Trail, Buda, 78610. Let me know if you want to meet to roll in, and I'll be sure to fire up the coffee maker.

We'll also make plans to grab some lunch afterwards, stay tuned to the updates!

Edge Addicts is opening up the track (for a 'small' fee, of course) so you can get a few laps under your belt, too! Visit http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/cars-and-coffee for details.

Plus, they'll have the COTA Karting track open from 8:00 to 12:00

So they don't exclude cars they don't think are cool enough like Cars n Coffee Plano was doing before they went defunct?
Dave B

Last edited:
So they don't exclude cars they don't think are cool enough like Cars n Coffee Plano was doing before they went defunct?
Dave B

:e-shrug:

I went to the last 5 or so dallas cars & coffees with my bone stock yet clean 240. They let me in every time and turned away hundreds of mustangs, camaros, chargers, corvettes and whatnot. They may have changed their tune, but towards the end there they emphasized variety. Volvo 240? Come on in! Mustang? Go away, there's already like 100 of those in the lot.

I heard they closed it down because they turned away some mustang drivin' Chad who got all hot & bothered and went and keyed like 100 BMWs out in the field that they used to move them to.

Last time I was there (a year or two) they let me right in, but turned away Texas240's LS powered 245 who was in line behind me. So it's hard to figure.

I can see the dilemma. But they had a huge venue. They should have thought it through better. Maybe reserve a certain portion for cars they "like" and when the "regular" section fills up, tell people it's full. That way people who got there ultra early would get in and they'd have a place for their "faves" who showed up late.

But if vandalism shut it down, that's different. That's why we can never have nice things.
Dave

I could be in for this. I wouldn't mind spending a few hours with Brett before we go down and see if we can get some better economy gas mileage for highway driving. This trip would be a good test for that.

Back