• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

turn the boost up n00b!

linuxman51

Railspeeder Enthusiast #1
300+ Club
From "it's just a number"

https://youtu.be/MrAQbNJx9BU

on the last two pulls of the day I added .5 degrees of timing each time (first one picked up ~30 or so, second picked up another 20 some odd), and had something in the driveline not started making a noise, I'da bumped it again and probably would've ended up over 700whp. Next time.

ran in to a couple technical challenges, rear brake caliper was hanging up at the beginning, not frozen, but the crusty lines are probably failing internally and blocking the fluid from returning when pressurized.

couple leaks here and there, and culminated in a transmission noise that I initially thought was a tire failure (but it didn't vibrate, just sounded like it). put the car back in drive at idle and things could be heard making noise, so we stopped there. no desire to have a catastrophic transmission failure at 6000+ rpms lol.

on the last log, it tickled 39psi and settled down at around 37.5 or there abouts.

anyway, enjoy!

setup:
NA pistons flycut.
ebay hbeam rods
Yoshifab cams
th400 with a 5800rpm stall converter

fresh pump e85.

Nice results.

Turbine housing on the HX52?
Also impressed with the Volvo pistons.

Are you even allowed to make that much power with a redblock outside of Sweden?

Haha. :rofl:

Holsets don't spool and 16v's are overrated. You need at least a V8 to make any power, or settle with a mitsubishi turbo'd 8V and call it a day.

This is the block you cement filled or nah?

If only you had 8 big valves instead of 16 small valves :-D

"Aw-hee-aw-hee-haw-haw-haw."

-Sam reacting to that last pull @ 22:33 on that youtube video

:omg:Dang man, what are you wrapping that thing out to? 8K+?:omg:

Last edited:
Back