• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

black rubber around door, loose and saggin'

Cybernesia

Just seeing how people have corrected their black rubber/plastic door trim/gasket pieces from saggin down (inner body gasket)?

Are they usually glued? I think I can just put something like card stock in their and sure it up but looking for a longer term fix.

Thanks bricksters

Are you talking about the black rubber that has a channel and runs the perimeter of the door opening? Those aren't glued. I've had a theory that VW p/n 113-847-131b would work as a replacement but not confirmed, it's not something that ever goes bad. They shrink over time and you can just take up the slack by pulling it up from the bottom. Also this should belong in the Maintenance and non performance section just FYI.

These?

s-l1600.jpg

I'm guessing you're talking about the pinch weld cover things that pull down in the corners because of the sharp radius. If yours aren't totally decayed then you should be able to pull it off a little further and then finger squeeze it some to reset the embedded metal, then push it back on like OVERDRIVE stated. Don't use metal tools to squeeze it because you'll damage the outer plastic

Ill get a picture of it but I do think you might be right about the metal core. I will check it out in a little and update this. Thanks all.

Windlace is what covers the pinch weld.

As others have noted, massage it shut and pull up some excess from under the plastic door sill plate.

Back