• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

K-Jet fuel injector line clamps

the_hairy_baboon

Prior owner on my B21FT (k-jet, turbo, 1983) had taken off the fuel line clamps while diagnosing what turned out to be a bad in tank sender pump. Anyhoo, I'm missing the Triangle hole pattern, rectangular shape rubber piece - #33 in the first drawing below. Anyone know where to look to find them (or at least the part number)?
Volvo doesn't want to conveniently list a part number (why do they do this when it's no longer for sale by them? Just let me know the part number).

For people that don't want to buy fancy screws, I the screws I got to replace the ones I couldn't find were M6-1.00x12 and were a tad long, I think volvo had x10 or x8 so the screw won't protrude.

GR-34894.jpg

Or look at the following picture, lower left for the block with the spaces for the wires.
a9AlUGw.png

Also, for the future, where do people get parts to make replacement injection hose/pipes? I think the hose would be easier (get old rubber off banjo at distributor end and then get off barbs at thin metal hose end, but how do you get a bent line that'll mount to the injectors? None of my lines have failed yet, but the rubber's looking pretty gross at spots so I want to get a head start on sourcing new injection lines.

Not easy to make up, your best bet is used cool weather coastal / PNW parts.

Or cobb in some VW braided lines but #4 doesn't reach, and they chafe like crazy if not properly bundled and led.

Not easy to make up, your best bet is used cool weather coastal / PNW parts.

Or cobb in some VW braided lines but #4 doesn't reach, and they chafe like crazy if not properly bundled and led.

heh, first bet is even finding old enough volvos to have k-jet versus LH. Then usually they're scrounged before I've seen the car.

Here's a link to the '79-'84 240 parts catalog. You can download the file for quicker access.

https://www.240.se/litteratur/212196.pdf

Turbo fuel lines are unique in that they are part metal. The rubber is just a covering to protect the hard plastic line inside.

If you need to replace a fuel line just post in wanted.

Here's a link to the '79-'84 240 parts catalog. You can download the file for quicker access.

Turbo fuel lines are unique in that they are part metal. The rubber is just a covering to protect the hard plastic line inside.

brb, brushing up on my technical swedish.

So basically, not enough demand for an aftermarket person to make and sell them.

For anyone else that's wondering, Page 324-325 of the linked document from hiperfauto has the diagram and full parts list.

1306759 is the part number.

:nod:

Those plastic lines will vie with the cockroaches for the last man standing in the end of times.

brb, brushing up on my technical swedish.

So basically, not enough demand for an aftermarket person to make and sell them.

It's a relatively complicated thing.

Silver brazed & plated metal, then the plastic line and the rubber cover would be quite the order to reproduce.

Probably well in excess of the ~ $100 each they were when last available at Volvo.

It's a relatively complicated thing.

Silver brazed & plated metal, then the plastic line and the rubber cover would be quite the order to reproduce.

Probably well in excess of the ~ $100 each they were when last available at Volvo.

I assume the method for the 1-4 injector lines getting the hose on is similar to the rest of the fuel system banjo fitting (heat up the line in water, slide on, it grips real tight) so really was hoping someone was making the interfacing conic section to barbed head for the injectors so then I can route my fuel lines wherever I want with relatively standard fuel hose. Basically something that'll interface with Bosch 0437502015 injectors on one end and a barb fitting on the other.

I assume the method for the 1-4 injector lines getting the hose on is similar to the rest of the fuel system banjo fitting (heat up the line in water, slide on, it grips real tight) so really was hoping someone was making the interfacing conic section to barbed head for the injectors so then I can route my fuel lines wherever I want with relatively standard fuel hose. Basically something that'll interface with Bosch 0437502015 injectors on one end and a barb fitting on the other.

:lol:

OIP.Xamv3HTHgH02SOTU-VrcOAHaEo

Post in wanted like hiperfauto suggested if you need some lines.

ugh, car parts is just legos for adults with a bunch of grease everywhere. Never providing the detailed measurements so people can make compatible parts or work up fixes for stuff no longer available.

You could play around with lengthening some NA fuel lines, then figure out how to bundle and run them for 17? / hr if you've got nothing better to do wth your life.

:e-shrug:

Long ago in the now distant past there was a vender making stainless braid fuel hoses for our kjets. But that stopped a long time ago and as RWC mentions you'll need to bundle braided lines carefully. Would be nice if Volvo still made the rubber guide block you are looking for. They get as hard as a rock and flake apart. After putting them around the lines when they break. I wrap them so they stay together with the lines in place.

This is exactly why I hoarded this stuff. :bow:

Back