• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dies when turning right

2 old for this

B230ft 2.4 in a 240 would shutoff while turning right. It would restart. So I loaded up the parts cannon and replaced all the engine management components. It had good power before and now seems stronger. Fuel economy is up also. One not so good change is on a cold start it has a very much higher idle speed (1800) but comes down after it warms up. It hasn?t died again-yet.

How?s your engine harness, what year? Somethings possibly shorting as the engine/harness moves

happened to me when i lost my battery holding clamp or whatever that is called. the battery shorted on the hood also only on right turns or bumps

Theres a lot of reasons this could happen, I think once upon a time I had a similar situation and it was the insulation on the fuel pump wiring that had degraded.

First thought was the tank pump hose has failed. Inspection showed no problem. Main pump harness is ok. Problem has not returned.

Back