• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B23F+T Build.. 16v Piston specs

BrickLoven

I'm just about to tear into a B23 to rebuild. I'm contemplating on making this a 16v in the near future but think I'm just going to stick with an 8v for now. What I want tho is to build this block suitable for one so that when I do get urge I don't have to go pulling the block again. Does anyone out there have specs on the valve reliefs that need to get cut in the pistons as I don't have any B234 pistons to compare. I was also wondering how much affect those reliefs would make being under an 8v head. I've owned a few volvos but when it comes to making them go fast (aside from a few bolt on mods) I'm very much a noob. Yes I've been using the search tool and thanks to you guys have been learning a lot. Hopefully soon I'll be able to join the ranks but for right now I just want to build I nice building block to start from.

Specs?

There are 4 reliefs in each piston...

Sorry, but nobody has a cad-model of the pistons. Your best bet is to buy a used B234 piston for $5 and have the reliefs copied.

here you go.....
JVLs_16v_Piston_Design.jpg

Back