• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 1966 Volvo 122

im lucky that the car i got was $1100 and came with a b20/m41 swap and all that stuff done to it. my biggest work wiht it is going to be getting the brakes sorted out and an interior put in it.. being an old rat rodder i kinda like the faded paint and im gonna leave it. i know im gonna get **** for that but eh its my car not yours. ill get some pics up soon

I dig the faded/patina/rust/etc look. Clean interior and wheels make for a really cool look in my opinion. The "Rat rod" thing can be cool if done in the right places. Some people over-do that style and it ends up being kind of boring in my opinion. $1100 with the b20/m41 is a smoking deal. As far as the brakes, are you talking about upgrading or rebuilding them?

The wheels are '09 Charger take offs with 140 series hubcaps. 205/50/17 Pirelli for now. Im good with my grille as is, but if I come across one of those grilles I will snatch it up for sure.

Whats going on with the Wagon these days??

Not enough. Too busy with life at the moment. Just got rear ended in my DD 760 so I need to step it up to get HQ on the road. Soon hopefully.

Adam

IMG_7477sm_zps768350a3.jpg

IMG_7532sm2_zps033e7869.jpg

Last edited:
You should lose the dapper sticker because they're all a bunch of douche bags.

Its actually coming off this weekend anyways. Going to do the whole "just married" thing on the back window. But you know, I really only like the sticker for the car, its goes with the style.

btw I sent you another pm on sw

Ok so front and back bags are done and management is all working properly. Wasnt a huge pain in the ass, but it wasnt super easy. There isnt a lot of room and areas needed to be cut to allow space for the bags. Obviously, they dont make a kit for these, but the approach I took is basically how a lot of people go about bagging older cars. Still need to do the exhaust. I had to cut it before the axle because it was getting pinched. Im thinking of running it out to the side, still not sure yet.

Front mounts
frontbag_zps881b1f49.jpg

Rear mounts. Limiting strap was shortened later
rearbag_zps997b45f7.jpg

Pretty much aired up
IMG_7767sm_zps263abef7.jpg

Deflated
IMG_7769sm_zps0960adf6.jpg

IMG_7772sm_zps06051682.jpg

IMG_7771sm_zps6e1795e1.jpg

IMG_7775sm_zpsc13b5e6b.jpg

IMG_7776sm_zps4374e854.jpg

Last edited:
Driving impressions after bags?
Which bags did you use, details, details, details! Looks great.

Driving impressions after bags?
Which bags did you use, details, details, details! Looks great.

Definitely drives better than the cut springs haha. Running the 2400lb bags, but its a really tight fit even after areas were cut. Its basically the same way a lot of older cars are bagged. I would encourage people to try out some other ideas too. Im happy with the set up, but I know its not the only or best way.

Definitely drives better than the cut springs haha. Running the 2400lb bags, but its a really tight fit even after areas were cut. Its basically the same way a lot of older cars are bagged. I would encourage people to try out some other ideas too. Im happy with the set up, but I know its not the only or best way.

I'm guessing you just boxed the A arms? That's the cheap DIY way on most of the older junk.

Back