• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Badger

Find some late 7" round headlamp doors and modify them to work... Then, when you find the other headlamp doors, swap them onto the car.

Anyway, nice work, Pat... Bet it'll be nice to be driving the 242 again.

-J

I've looked everywhere I can think of for them. I'm sure I put them away somewhere "safe". :lol:

I still have the round bezels I bought from you at IPD that one year as you were leaving. If I can't find my real bezels, I'll try cutting a round one up.

Badger wasn't cooperating today. Fought me every step of the way. I did move it under it's own power at the end of the night though!

Misc small items list is getting really short. Air filter is cleaned, oiled and installed.

badger112.jpg

I found my single square headlight bezels, the bad news is the chrome trim on them is badly pitted/chipped/flaking off. So I ended up experimenting with a set of single round bezels and figured out how to remove and re-install them w/o damaging them. So I put the nice chrome trim from the single rounds onto the frames for the single squares. The part number is the same if anyone was wondering. I forgot to take pics after I got into cleaning and painting the frames so I'll snap more pics tomorrow.

badger115.jpg

badger116.jpg

I actually had 2 broken/damaged sets of the single squares so I took all the pieces apart and made one good set. I was quite happy I had just the right parts from each set to make one good set. I painted the bases black and cleaned the headlights, then test fit the bezels and grill. Headlights are still way out of adjustment so they don't sit properly yet, but you get the general feel for how it will look. You can see the gross chrome trim in this pic. Driver side was really bad.

badger113.jpg

Are you doing the car up to sit in a show room?

way to clean and nice to drive, I would be afraid of the world in something that nice.
No, I'll drive it everyday regardless of weather. If it snows I'll probably drive my Bronco just because it's 4wd, but I may go out and do a few donuts in this. :-P

I'm actually planning a month long trip to California in the next 30-60 days and this will be my transportation and occasionally my bed for the night...lol.

It'll also see a few track days and the occasional auto-x every year. Towery will probably drive it at the next IPD show if we can get a track day organized.

No, I'll drive it everyday regardless of weather. If it snows I'll probably drive my Bronco just because it's 4wd, but I may go out and do a few donuts in this. :-P

I'm actually planning a month long trip to California in the next 30-60 days and this will be my transportation and occasionally my bed for the night...lol.

It'll also see a few track days and the occasional auto-x every year. Towery will probably drive it at the next IPD show if we can get a track day organized.

Where in CA?

Back