• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 1991 940SE weight

atrokz

super cage design genius
So, my door card lists gross weight as about 1940 KGs.... That's a lot!

And, online resources list it as 3300lbs or thereabouts. That's a 1000lb difference!

Figure this is the place to post this question, as it's not performance and not off topic. Does this sound right? 4300lbs for a 940SE? That's crazy if that's accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_vehicle_weight_rating

The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer[1] including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.[2] The term is used for motor vehicles and trains.

So the 4000 is accounting for junk in the trunk and seats full of passengers. Seems to make sense to me. The 3000 is probably curb weight. So no junk in the trunk and people. Just gas.

Ahh. That makes a lot more sense. For some reason I thought gross was empty, and 'curb' was loaded.

Even with that said, I'm beginning to wonder how much my mileage would improve if I removed the back seats (just my dog uses them!), and maybe even swapped the front power seats to some manual seats. Remove AC system. Move battery to trunk. Etc.

Also, I wonder how much TLAO's chips save on fuel.

You didn't specify, wagon or sedan. They weigh approximately 3,300lb for either. The sedan is close to the wagons weight because it has the much heavier IRS set up.

haha. yea, it's a wagon. Sorry, should have specified!

3300 isn't bad at all actually. Should be able to bring it down to 3000flat with removing seats, AC stuff, etc.

With regards to handling, I've got IPD sways on it (although went to a sedan rear sway as the IPD ones are too stiff for the wagon), and have ipd springs, koyico and kybs ready to install next week which should help out. Has the strut and chassis brace already.

Back