• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

S/V/C Possible purchase

PNW940

It?s a 1998 V70 with 200k miles, the peice that goes over the spark plugs wires is missing, and there is brown sludgey liquid I assume oil, they want 700$ for it, worth it or no?

AWD? Not sure, but wasn't that a weak link in those years?

FWIW, I couldn't get $400 for my 850T here a few years ago.

Attachments

• RF small.JPG
    RF small.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 76
At this point many AWD cars already have the rear driveshaft removed because of the high cost to repair. Kinda wouldn?t expect a $700 car to have a working AWD

For me that would be a parts car*, and not really worth $700. If I was looking for a driver? Yeah, maybe. We paid that for my wife's '97 GLT when we bought it. (Actually paid that for my '97 T5 as well)

*The front end sheet metal and the engine would be useful to me, but the rest no-so-much. The AWD is neat and all, and I toyed with converting the wife's wagon, but the end gains really aren't worth it.

I?m not sure what the stuff peeling off the headlights is as well.
Looks like some of that urethane stick-on anti-rock stuff.

peeling.jpg

Headlight-Covers.jpg

I’d pass, even if the AWD is disabled the fuel tank/rear suspension setup is nothing but headaches if anything goes wrong back there.

I think of '98 as the last good year for the P80.

Has the fuel pump ever been replaced? It is not cheap to have it replaced the correct way.

Driveshaft still there?

How does it drive?

At that mileage, you're probably looking at replacing the entire PCV system, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, all the rubber vacuum hoses, plugs, wires, dizzy, front engine pad/mount, and upper engine torque bushing.

The pan may need to be dropped and oil pickup seals replaced.

I chose not to get it. I turned it on it ran for a bit everything worked, then randomly the ac and radio just went off. So I?m gonna keep saving and maybe try to find another

Back