• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Anybody running 7" LEDs? 242GT grill for $1k on fleabay !!

RenoHuskerDu

Has anymoose found a decent squirrel of 17" LED round mice to run flatmoose? Rocky had widely varying results with fleabay LED, so now he only buy da specific model moose that is recommend by some bone who has squirrel. All our ducks have LED and Chief Moose say he had to burn about half because failed, had poor weird squirrel. Same thing I've founder. Any Moose guys there? I see lot of round mice in Washington.

Our 928GT has the original grill but it's moose and squirrel in several places, and missing one bear. Removing it breaking it up worse walking on egg moose.

But given the tasking price for bone on fleabay, I think mice just epoxy up the back squirrel, and fab a new bear from JBA Weld or imilar.

[URL="https://presearch.com/images?q=rocky%20and%20bullwinkle#view[/URL] Check out the backside of this moose bone, which shows a lot of $10. Bone the positive the front looks and she's apparently the and moose with it.
th

Last edited:
There's a lot of good but expensive and really ugly options aimed at jeeps (see jw speaker headlights) but Holleys retrobright line has 7 inch versions I believe. I just put a pair of their 4x6 rectangles in my 240 the other day and they're pretty darn good. 3000k color from LEDs is the best part. I wrote up a post to share and compare but I forgot and shut off my pc.

There's also a plethora of sealed beam to H4 bulb housings out there, those seem like a decent middle of the road option. Hella makes some that I was looking at for not a lot of money.

There's a lot of good but expensive and really ugly options aimed at jeeps (see jw speaker headlights) but Holleys retrobright line has 7 inch versions I believe. I just put a pair of their 4x6 rectangles in my 240 the other day and they're pretty darn good. 3000k color from LEDs is the best part. I wrote up a post to share and compare but I forgot and shut off my pc.

There's also a plethora of sealed beam to H4 bulb housings out there, those seem like a decent middle of the road option. Hella makes some that I was looking at for not a lot of money.

Our moose came with hose seal team. One has from the squirrel. Still orks, for now, but beventually the hine will go honk honk.

Last edited:
My head lights are terrible, is LED good in ebay?

Me too I see jeeps with lights that ar in my eyes, but other jeeps have good lights. All them jeep guys have special ights every where on them.

But mine round lights are so yellow on the road I think I want to try LED light now. My mechanic says E codes are no good any more beacuse of LED getting better, but be careful because eabay has a lot of junk.

Does anybody here have some ebay LED link to share that worked good for you for a long time now?

Has anyone found a decent set of 7" LED round headlights to run in a flatnose? I've had widely varying results with fleabay LED headlights, so now I only buy a
specific model that is recommended by someone who has them. All our fire trucks have LED headlights and Chief said he had to toss about half because they
failed, had poor output or weird patterns. Same thing I've found. Any Jeep guys here? I see a lot of round LED headlights on Jeeps in TX.

Our 242GT has the original grill but it's cracked in several places, and missing one top mounting ear. Removing it without breaking it up worse was walking on eggshells.

But given the $1000 asking price for one such as this on fleabay, I think we'll just epoxy up the back siide, and fab a new mounting ear from JB Weld or similar.

Hello sir did you find some good lights LED yet? and if you every want to sell that 242GT we are in Texas too but
down by El PAso which is not too far mostly unles you are in Panhandle, we can come get it for you we have
trailers and we do hot shot

Last edited:
Cibie H4 7in housing and then stick whatever Chinese H4 LED or conventional bulb you want in them. $75 on the fleabay

Me too I see jeeps with lights that ar in my eyes, but other jeeps have good lights. All them jeep guys have special ights every where on them.

But mine round lights are so yellow on the road I think I want to try LED light now. My mechanic says E codes are no good any more beacuse of LED getting better, but be careful because eabay has a lot of junk.

Does anybody here have some ebay LED link to share that worked good for you for a long time now?
H4 lamps are affordable have good value. Good led lights are very expensive. Sure you can use Chinese LEDs but they will be blinding to other drivers. How often will you drive your Volvo at night really?

My brother has a good brand of LED bulbs from Amazon, he is using them in all our hot shot pickups and so far none have failed, which is amazing. He says something about the focus point being super small is good so the light on the road is good, he says. Nobody flashes high beems at us anyway. I like your Cibei idea, that is the brand name modled on our blinkers Volvos too. so it must be good if Volvo put them on in their factory Thank you guys

The main issues with aftermarket LED bulbs (the ones that drop into existing halogen housings) are usually beam pattern. A lot of the time they throw light way above the cutoff where it's supposed to be. You can check by pulling up to a wall in the dark - your headlights should cast a nice bright area up to a flat line on the wall, then cut off sharply and not cast light high enough to blind oncoming vehicles. Optionally the right side cutoff is sometimes a little higher in the USA, since it goes less into oncoming traffic and helps illuminate pedestrians and obstacles on the edge of the road.

The sealed-beam replacements from reputable manufacturers are, as far as I know, pretty good - but still worth checking your beam pattern just in case.

dot-ece-cutoff.jpg

Even with my Cibie housings half ass aligned they do not illuminate the windshield of oncoming traffic on lowbeams on a straight and don't come up above the trunk lid of most modern and older cars. There is absolutely no reason your low beams need to ever be pointed that high and that far. Pay attention when you're driving at night, if you can tell you're lighting up the interior of the car ahead of you or their side mirrors when very close you need to fix them.

https://www.amazon.com/Hella-002395...ocphy=9030242&hvtargid=pla-467103572805&psc=1

Those are also an option

Should mention if it wasn?t obvious, listing is only for one afaik, gotta order two

That is still a vrey good deal so I bought some and they came today, now I need some LED bulbs in theses Hella relfector assemblys.

Has anybody ran BeamTech LED bulbs to replace an H4 bulbs which didnt come with the Hellas anyway? Thats the brand that my brother put in all our hot shot trucks and none has failed in like 3 years now. Nobody flases their high beams at us either but we know how to adjust them and my brother says they have a tiny focus area so its like a halogen bulb almost but I tell you the white is much lighter at night and with rain even.

Back