• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

92 240 AC Conversion to 134a

15A

World's Oldest Brewery
Anyone found a known adapter that fits over the R12 port on the J-pipe? The threads are standard 1/4" pipe threads, but can find nothing that fits down over it. OR.....did you go midevil and splice a T into the HP hose? If so, where did you find said T? OR...did you do anything with a port on the back of the compressor?

Used to be able to buy the R134a J-Pipes for 91-92's for $54 - worked great and was excellent quality. Now, they are made in Turkey, $170 and utter garbage (waited 7 months to get 2 in a row that were defective / leaked).

Every car can be adapted with a universal kit.....except these things. :roll:

Thx

I bought an adapter for $5 or so at autozone and it fit perfectly on my 92's drier, I don't even use the J-pipe. Hope this helps.

aT7ZBw7h.jpg

I do not have the part number, but I do know it was the only r134a adapter they had, and I bought it only a year ago so they should still carry it

I don't know if it's taboo to fill at the drier but I've been doing it 2 summers now with no issues. Not sure why it would be bad, it's only a few inches from the J pipe and is equal pressure, still low side. I use propane in my system but that fitting is a r134a fitting (my propane hose uses a r134a female adapter)

Just buy a generic adapter and charge off the low switch if you have to IDK?

The accumulator is just a GM/Harrison part, some have more ports than others and different threads but that basic size/layout accumulator exists in about everything.

Unless you were charging unusually rapidly with unusually cold refrigerant escaping the can or cylinder (usually have to heat the cans to get all the refrigerant out of them anyway) directly into the suction line, introducing liquid refrigerant to the compressor and possibly damaging it is improbable, particularly given that the accumulator's primary function(s) is keep ice/contaminants contained without obstructing flow and boil off any liquid refrigerant so it's definitely in the gas phase before entering the compressor...

Last edited:
Back