• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

700-series cable clutch?

foggyjames

Procrastinating since 2001!
Greetings TBricks. Long time no new threads...nearly 5 years apparently! Still around, still playing with RWD Volvos...just doing it a bit more quietly...!

Tell me...did LHD 700s in the land of freedom (and elsewhere!) ever get cable clutches? IIRC LHD 240s have cable clutches (where RHD are hydraulic), but I can't remember how it works for 700s.

Looking for an alternative source for a RHD 16v clutch pedal, which has the M/C reversed (i.e. in the car, pointing towards the back of the car) and an over-centre pedal, as if it were for a cable clutch. We could probably make something...but also...lazy!

cheers

James

James, indeed they did. I've got a complete pedal assembly which uses the cable tensioning to release the clutch. I can't tell you what year they terminated; I've only seen cable clutches in pre 89 model 7 series cars and hydraulic actuated version in 90+. That view from inspecting the "breakers" as you blokes like to say.

Good to see you post again!

I can't tell you what year they terminated; I've only seen cable clutches in pre 89 model 7 series cars and hydraulic actuated version in 90+.

I just pulled a clutch setup from an '89 Rex/Regina 740 junker that had a cable clutch setup. Interestingly enough, it also had the old-style, solid motor mounts. I thought they stopped using those in '86.

Many thanks for the replies, team.

I don't suppose any of you have one you could photograph, possibly measure (I'll figure out some specific requirements), and potentially even sell/ship over the pond...?

cheers

James

Are you looking for a LHD 700 series cable clutch pedal assembly?

If so, I have a few sets that I can sell.

Message me with a reasonable offer!

I just pulled a clutch setup from an '89 Rex/Regina 740 junker that had a cable clutch setup. Interestingly enough, it also had the old-style, solid motor mounts. I thought they stopped using those in '86.

Not the topic of conversation but just wanted to note, I had those mounts on a '91 744 turbo m46. Maybe they used them up on manual trans cars.

It's actually the (RHD 16v hydraulic) pedal itself that I need to reproduce.

First up, I could do with photos of one. If it looks promising (and I have a hunch it will), I'd be keen to pick one up. I'll drop you a line!

cheers

James

Back