• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Need Help - pics of Stock 1990- Turbo engine

lookforjoe

Making Volvo Parts Fit
300+ Club
Looking for the stock layout of the vacuum & breather hoses along with the one-way valve locations, securing brackets on the VC, etc.,

I did search & haven't found any stock pics that show the specific details

Anyone got a stock setup they can take a few pics of?

TIA

Hussein

PXL-20210713-194004301.jpg

Are you doing a restoration? I have an almost stock ‘91 with the exception of a boost controller, if that’ll work for you

edit: and I replaced most of the vacuum hoses when I bought the car but didn’t follow a diagram, just plugged all the necessary holes and whatnot so it may not be perfect.

Are you doing a restoration? I have an almost stock ‘91 with the exception of a boost controller, if that’ll work for you

edit: and I replaced most of the vacuum hoses when I bought the car but didn’t follow a diagram, just plugged all the necessary holes and whatnot so it may not be perfect.

I'm doing a +T, but I like things to be correct. I don't have any reference pics, just working from memory. so if you can photo the top of your engine showing the vacuum lines, etc., that would be perfect, if you followed the stock layout...

Also if you can take a good pic of the vacuum diagram, that would be awesome.

Thank you.

I have a factory 90 turbo that I’m fairly certain is all stock in the bay besides the funny sounding aftermarket horn. Can prolly take pics later today if still need

Edit: oh also forgot some stray extra wire that is running to the battery from the formerly installed trunk amp/woofer, maybe not as stock as I remember but think that’s it - horn and wire

Last edited:
I have a factory 90 turbo that I?m fairly certain is all stock in the bay besides the funny sounding aftermarket horn. Can prolly take pics later today if still need

Edit: oh also forgot some stray extra wire that is running to the battery from the formerly installed trunk amp/woofer, maybe not as stock as I remember but think that?s it - horn and wire

The more the merrier - if you can post a couple clear pics of the top of the engine for reference, that would be great! Also a clear pic of the vacuum diagram sticker, if it's still present.

TIA

This doesn't have the one-way valves or a vacuum cannister, but it is for a 1990 740T no egr.
Dave

Attachments

• 3514844vacuumlo.png
    3514844vacuumlo.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 55
Thank you, Dave!

I could have sworn they added the one-way valve to the breather nipple vacuum to prevent positive pressure, I guess my memory is faulty. I put one in anyway.

PXL-20210716-190433735.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, Dave!

I could have sworn they added the one-way valve to the breather nipple vacuum to prevent positive pressure, I guess my memory is faulty. I put one in anyway.

Certainly possible the diagram just doesn't show one-way valves. I can see at least TWO of them in the photos.

Certainly possible the diagram just doesn't show one-way valves. I can see at least TWO of them in the photos.

The two in my pics, you mean? One is the stock HVAC check valve, the smaller one by the rail is the one I added to the breather nipple vacuum line.

The two in my pics, you mean? One is the stock HVAC check valve, the smaller one by the rail is the one I added to the breather nipple vacuum line.

I don't think a check valve is needed for the breather - if the intake manifold pressure was positive from spoolage, the big hose going from the breather to pre-compressor intake hose would definitely pull a good vacuum on the crankcase well beyond what positive pressure a single 4mm nipple could push into the crankcase.

Back