• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

17X8 wheels

rb92673

racecar
I want to move from 225/50R16 tires to 245/40R17 tires on our endurance race 745. Hankook recommends 8"-9.5" wheel width for the RS4s we run.

I currently have 8 Voxx MGA wheels that are 16x7 +20 5x108. I run a ring adapter for the centers. They rub a little on the sway bar and I have to run my 2.5" coil springs above the tire or it will also rub.

I don't really care about looks, just performance. We carry a full backup set of tires, so I am looking for 8 wheels. Junkyard OEM takeoffs would be fine, I just can't seem to find a lot of 17x8s or wider. BMWs have several 17x8s in 5x120 ~ET34-47. I have not seen any native 5x108 wheels in that size.

Just looking for others experience in finding inexpensive wheels in that size and how well spacer/adapters have held up to track abuse.

nothing really low offset, wide in 5x108 that is modern. Quality made adapters hold up well, and can then run 5x114.3 or 5x120 for a much wider wheel selection, or stay 5x108 and have more options also running fwd 8" wide wheels

nothing really low offset, wide in 5x108 that is modern. Quality made adapters hold up well, and can then run 5x114.3 or 5x120 for a much wider wheel selection

This might be your best bet. Plenty of 17x8 5x114.3 wheels available for track purposes. You could easily get your hands on some Enkei RPF1's or Kosei K1's which are great for track. 25mm adapters and you're set.

nothing really low offset, wide in 5x108 that is modern. Quality made adapters hold up well, and can then run 5x114.3 or 5x120 for a much wider wheel selection, or stay 5x108 and have more options also running fwd 8" wide wheels

This might be your best bet. Plenty of 17x8 5x114.3 wheels available for track purposes. You could easily get your hands on some Enkei RPF1's or Kosei K1's which are great for track. 25mm adapters and you're set.

Thanks for the feedback on adapters.

Enkei RPF1's would be nice.

I was thinking I could find an OEM wheel in the junkyard that I could adapt. Seems like there are lots of 5x120 BMW 328i/X3's in the junkyard/craigslist I could take them from. I would need to see how heavy they are. I don't know of an OEM 5x114.3 that has at least a 17x8.

5x114.3 is so common you can probably find cheap aftermarket wheels that would work. They'd probably be better sized and lighter than something OEM.

BMW stuff is cheap (around here at least) and lightish but a lot of their wheel setups are staggered so it might be a pain to find four 17x8s.

You guys can fit a 245??

S 60 / S 80 junkyard or Cl take-offs.

s-l1600.jpg

Don't forget the tints & HIDs.

Back