• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Texas240 was 16v but now LM7 5.3L

Looks like somebody who thought they knew what they were doin was the last one to work on that head........get it cleaned up, put some new shiny parts in, and boost it.

Dont worry about a tight squish on a 16v, theres not much there to worry about like on an 8v.

Im not to worried about tight squish PERIOD!!! My worries is just having the pistons in speck. I would like to just get stock turbo pistons and call it a day.

Now wait, you went forged rods, and are not going to go forged pistons? Whats your plan for this motor? EMS? power levels and turbo type? Dont kid yourself, I have made like 4 jumps forward since I started.

I know, it seems crazy to half and half but I can see spending $600 on forged pistons when I dont plan on going over 350hp. I plan on doing lh2.4/ MS till I get a tuner. Turbo is the one off of Ben Weavers 242, the vurbo.

Im pretty sure i'll do a bunch of jumps I get it going.

You'll get used to 350 hp quickly enough, then you'll want moAr!!!

Can you get E85 down there? Takes a little of the worry out of the tuning since it's so hard to get it to detonate.

You'll get used to 350 hp quickly enough, then you'll want moAr!!!

Can you get E85 down there? Takes a little of the worry out of the tuning since it's so hard to get it to detonate.

E85 is like 40 minutes away from me, not worth it

Talked more to roger my machine guy, $10 each to bore out the block. Look like I'm going .60 over stock pistons and found out that swiftjustice44 has a valve lapping machine made in like the pre WW11 days.

Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday I'll have a big giant box of internal stuff to Hand off amd get my block done

still trying to wrap my head around these non existent pistons I havent ordered yet

Don't know what to tell you. I bought a set of overside pistons and had my 240K mile junkyard block (which still had some crosshatching showing) bored to match by the MS. No clue on the clearances needed. ON the 245's motor and the PV's motor, I just got assembled shot blocks back from the machine shop (pistons, rods, cranks installed).

I know my technical limits. I'm good bolting the rest of the thing together from that point.

Don't know what to tell you. I bought a set of overside pistons and had my 240K mile junkyard block (which still had some crosshatching showing) bored to match by the MS. No clue on the clearances needed. ON the 245's motor and the PV's motor, I just got assembled shot blocks back from the machine shop (pistons, rods, cranks installed).

I know my technical limits. I'm good bolting the rest of the thing together from that point.

I talked to the Machinist and he said $10 to over bore per bore so I was like, Problem Solved!!! +.60mm pistons ordered along with all the bearings and stuff for the block. I have nothing in hand left to do till I get my freshly decked head back, lapped valves from switfjustice44.

All I need now is to order the Tial Wastegate, MS stuff, Getrag adapter plate from RSI, Clutch Disk, pressure plate, and a few other odds and ends..

I should probably make a list one of these days.

only if there were like 26 hours in a day and 8 days in a week
YES!!!!!!
YES!!! I checked the head to a straight edge and its perfect but a little skim couldnt hurt and get me closer to the tight squish.
Im not to worried about tight squish PERIOD!!!
A little contradictory there, are we? :lol: That being said, skimming the head will do NOTHING for squish clearance. The pistons will not be any closer to the head surface. ;-)

Last edited:
Let the good times role!!!!

f8945f4a.jpg

76b52898.jpg

4418f723.jpg

goodies from Josh @t Yoshifab

759497b3.jpg

no more spikes in volts when the fan comes on

a5788360.jpg

ScottyD's camber plates

a00214e0.jpg

MS wiring

22f637bb.jpg

Pistons
7ecb6fbd.jpg

Mahle Turbo Pistons.... +.60 over sized

bb7623a0.jpg

Bearings

I expect to have the Engine and Head together by end of next week Im hoping or a few days after

What's the overall cost of new stock cast pistons and renting the tool over a little more money and getting forged units. You have such nice brand new parts and you already have the rods. Finish off the bottom end with some bullet proof pistons. Just my thoughts.

What's the overall cost of new stock cast pistons and renting the tool over a little more money and getting forged units. You have such nice brand new parts and you already have the rods. Finish off the bottom end with some bullet proof pistons. Just my thoughts.

The Pistons were $245 W/ rings and wrist pins. Josh's tool is like $75 I think

Back