• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Should be fine. This is a 3/4" throttle body plate, done with my 200A machine:

P1120333.jpg

Got er cranked, welded just fine. I'd like to have a bit more cleaning action but it'd eat the tungsten alive. Just did a second pass over the welds. Cheating yeah.

You're probably using too small of a tungsten. Running wide open on AC you should have at least a 1/8" tung in there.

All wires on the engine harness are run. The fan control harness and WBO2 harnesses are run as well.
Just time to tidy the wiring up.
576818_10100710853870109_16818372_52489283_1977169591_n.jpg

Nice Work!

On the VEMS - did you make a VEMS Wiki page to document your install, or did you go with a pre-fab unit? Karl has been giving me pointers since I went with a bare board for my setup.

Up too late, but I couldn't stop wiring.
DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

The 4 wires on the right are where the engine harness ties in with the grey volvo connector on the firewall.
DSC_0027.jpg

IAT designed for the intake manifold (isolated thermistor), just so happened to be a correct hole in the ME7 intake for it. Woo
DSC_0031.jpg

Oil pressure sensor retains the factory warning light on the dash. Oil pressure will be logged by the vems, along with temp.
DSC_0032.jpg

Denso poster from the 80s. Heh.
DSC_0033.jpg

The back of the engine/rest of the harness will be tidied up and terminated once the engine is in the car.
DSC_0038.jpg

Last edited:
Heat shrink tubing is sold in rolls/long lengths. Are you using that or the 6" pieces?

4' long lengths.
I can't even imagine doing this with only 6" long heat shrink. Almost like wiring the thing with 6" long pieces of wire.

Back