• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

best up to date plug wires

90volvo

Im running a header with turbo(20lbs boost) with megas., Running stock ignition with NGK plugs. I think I know why the guy sold the header it cause, its a plug wire eating monster.
Ive searched and have recommendations of kingsb--- and NGKs. But seems like they were threads about stock turbo engines.

I dropped my down pipe and put a curve in it to help get it away from the plug wires. I had the fiberglass boot protectors on the wires and the DEI wrap on them. The downpipe is wrapped. Ive burned up set of MSD's and set of taylors unsure of which taylors?

Should I call kingsb--- have custom set made? Try to find taylor Rv wires which I cant find part #? Buy Accel ceramic boot wires?
ps- the wires seem to melt or dry out about an inch up from the boots.

My build
1990 volvo 240
Megasquirt 2 (kenny helping with tune)
Header,
KLRACIng intake
Treadstone IC
3inch exhaust
RSI stage 3 cam adv. 4 degrees
65mm throttle body
1000cc inj. Injector dynamics
20lbs boost
Stock ignition with Jacobs coil

also, think about a possible metal shield close to the pipe//turbo/manifold, to keep the radiant heat away from the wires, or maybe bolted to the upper manifold studs?

Should I call kingsb--- have custom set made? Try to find taylor Rv wires which I cant find part #? Buy Accel ceramic boot wires?
ps- the wires seem to melt or dry out about an inch up from the boots.

If you're up to a challenge, you might build your own. Not cheap, but you'll get a premium set that will outlast anything else. Mine have been on my car for 11 years.

I made a how to page: https://www.240turbo.com/ignition.html

Dave
242-121618-1b.jpg

I used the Accel 9000 wires for their heat resistance. You'd still want to use some shielding on the boots and the wires close to the ends. Those wires Dave B used look great.

Back