• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

no odometer, trip, abs light on...

mike240dl

have a 2002 volvo s8 t6 and the abs light is on, the trip a or b doesnt work, odometer quits working also, was wondering if anyone has had these issues, common issue? was looking around and seen that the brake control module is a common issue...also, it has the 2.9l thanks for any help....

Most code readers won't pull ABS until you start spending some coin on them. Most likely it's a wheel speed sensor or a communications issue. Without knowing a code though, knowing which of the 4 sensors it is will be difficult. You MIGHT be able to check resistances amongst them all and see which one is out of spec or different from the rest.

i cant communicate with the ebcm, abs light brake light traction light check engine light are all on, brake failure message is light in message center, can retrieve codes from ecm and they are as follows, 9400 brake pedal position sensor, and 510f vss...seems as if i have all power and ground to the ebcm......getting a bit confuzzled here now lol any help would be great! thanks everyone

now i did replace the ebcm already with another one, still the same crap going on, do they need to be re programmed? or does it have to be the exact part number ebcm's?

Gotta be the same module to an extent. There's a difference between an ABS and an ABS + TRACS module, at least on the 850/x70 series cars.

I'd agree on it likely being the module.

Back