• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Speaker/Audio installation solutions 245.

crazy240

Looking to upgrade my Audio quality a bit more.
In 244s I usually put 6x9s in the rear cut in to the shelf but I have never found a good way to mount them in a 245. I would like them in the rear doors but space is tight.
Also I have power windows front and can not figure out a good way to mount 6" rounds in the front doors. They always hit the dash and feel like they might fall out if the door slams too hard.

I've been wondering the same thing. I was thinking about putting the stock size 4" speakers up front and trying to squeeze in 6x9's or 6.5" in the rear door but haven't really checked it out. The area between the door card and door panel is quite think, but I don't know if the window mechanism interferes or not.

i was planning on mounting some 6 1/2"s over the rear wheel hump right behind the seat, but so far didn't figure out how to make it look good. i've got two 10's in seperate boxes at the back corners, i might just shove the 6 1/2"s over there facing forward

but really, yeah, i'm in teh same boat, can't find a home for some decent mids

There was a thread on here a month or so ago of a really clean looking headliner install.

i ditched the saggy wagon headliner and am going to put in a more traditional style one tight to the roof. but yeah, that didn't look too bad for a first attempt

Plenty of room in the rear doors, the windows don't roll all the way down so there aren't any real space limitations.

This is relevant to my interests as well. Picked up our first Volvo - 91 245 - and the audio needs a significant upgrade on ours as well.

From http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=263403&page=5

887-1.jpg

888-1.jpg

886-1.jpg

I'm in the same boat... Just got an 84 245Ti and since its going to be a daily I've been thinking about the stereo. I was thinking of 4" in the front doors, 4" in the back beside the doors (there are holes in terrible shape in the car I got). I was also thinking of copying Leivons head liner mounting of some 6x9's (I have some alpine type R 6x9's with an amp). I also want a sub, but I want it to fit inside the spare tire well since I don't want to give up any cargo space.... Anyone done that?

Jordan

i put a 10 in a small box above each buttcheek, the drivers side fits behind the plastic wheel cover, and i tried movign the cover to the other side, so i'm gonna get another wheel cover and put it on the passenger side and hid the other one

I'm in the same boat... Just got an 84 245Ti and since its going to be a daily I've been thinking about the stereo. I was thinking of 4" in the front doors, 4" in the back beside the doors (there are holes in terrible shape in the car I got). I was also thinking of copying Leivons head liner mounting of some 6x9's (I have some alpine type R 6x9's with an amp). I also want a sub, but I want it to fit inside the spare tire well since I don't want to give up any cargo space.... Anyone done that?

Jordan

I had started a box in the well opposite of the spare tire at one point. Pop the welds on the support bar and you've got a nice big area for a box. Still planning to finish but I've got a lot of other little things to button up before doing that one.

For the fronts from a thread I saw a few days ago, can't find it right now. I have no idea how these are fitted, but look like 6.5s

b6948b25.jpg

Back