• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 b230F rebuild stuck. Need help

Jyromefedx

For the last few weeks I have been rebuilding my 88'b230f. Pretty far along the engine is back in the bay. I have no idea the step by step on how to reinstall the intake/hoses back together. I desperately need some good resources to help.

Last edited:
Try to make it look like this.... Make sure you hook up heater hoses, coolant temp sensors, starter wires, idle valve hoses before you put the intake back on. Usually the vacuum lines kind of fall into place by their length. You shouldn't have any unused ports, the one connector with 2 hoses together goes on the throttle body.

090552_engine1.jpg

You should have gotten a Bentley or green books, reviewed them before you started this! Pictures also help the memory. Should be on line but I'm not sure greenbooks.org or something like that.
Good luck. Cheaper to just get a later motor.

fawk the camera. Haynes, Bent-ly, or Greenbook are ALL full of photos and nice clear line drawings as well as (gasp!) text..
I read this and I actually said "wot da fuq is this guy doing without a book?"

I mean wot da fuq?

The book I have is a haynes from my older b23. A much simpler engine.
The other book is a haynes from a 760.
Neither of course show my current stumper which are these tiny plastic hard lines diagonally located between the starter motor and break booster.

Neither of course show my current stumper which are these tiny plastic hard lines diagonally located between the starter motor and break booster.

One is probably for the heater control valve, the other likely the cruise control.

They're probably the EGR vacuum pipes. One goes to the intake manifold, the other to the EGR valve.

GR-49844.jpg

Back