• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

Are you using the 960 TB? It?s been a few years but I feel like I tried to wind the spring an extra turn and for some reason it didn?t want to work? I might need to try it again.

I wound my 960 spring a turn. Or maybe it was a 1/2 turn, then flipped something around? It's been a while since I've even seen the car. But on my 8-valve setup, I put a helper spring from the Yoshifab throttle pulley tp the manifold and that helped a bit.

I?ll have to mess with it some more and see what I can come up with. Might just add a spring a be done.

Got most of it back together last night. Still waiting on a right angle adapter for the boost gauge. VDO makes these neat adjustable fuel senders that fit tanks 6-23? deep and come in a variety of resistance ranges. I just picked 240-33 because it?s the most common universal sender range. The bolt pattern was like 1mm from lining up perfectly so I had to lightly file two of the holes and use the factory rubber seal. Worked great!

Got a new ignition switch because I?ve had a cheap universal one for years that I hated.

I?m not excited about the wideband bezel being so different but it?ll work for now.

9jQEaDDl.jpg

nTd61x8l.jpg

Dash is finished with a new GT pad. OCD got the best of me so I switched the clock and wideband around. Had a couple nagging issues with my boost gauge and oil pressure sender and had to send those back for replacement.

3BisnjYl.jpg

Scored this Nardi wheel that’s perfect for the new gauge layout.

efJFRskl.jpg

I moved my horns down to the bumper brackets since there’s no space behind the grilles anymore. Found out my original ones are dead after 50+ years. These little baby Hellas are cheap and a lot louder than they should be for something this size.

CWUkgZHl.jpg

My wife started bartending at this tiny bar down the street on Friday and Saturday nights which has been so so good for the 122 :-P I have so much free time and I usually go drink and then come home buzzed and just hammer something out on the car. Turns out then I don?t obsess about and overthink every little detail and instead just jump in there and get it done.

Got the frame for the pedals made and welded in. Just need to figure out master cylinders and order those.

CeV4eG8l.jpg

Made a little bracket to mount the reservoirs. I wish they could?ve been tucked in behind the intake more but they have to be high enough above the masters.

1MztBx5l.jpg

Recycled an old original coil housing into something that will hold my throttle cable which worked out great.

IyEQH9Ll.jpg

Interior is pretty much done aside from getting the front seats recovered but I?m not ready to give VP another $800. I may try the local old guy upholstery shop and see if he can repair my drivers seat cover and replace my foam and webbing.

I ordered a few yards of stretch carpet and I?m pretty pleased with how it worked out. The rear could be better but whatever/RACECAR. I tried to lay it in one piece and it wanted to wrinkle a lot. Just gotta finish up brake stuff under the dash and I can put the Nardi wheel on.

cXAwj7Wl.jpg

1ra6oeml.jpg

Went out and threw the wheel on before I left for work just so I could officially call it done. Should have brakes bled and the car back on the ground this weekend. Really glad I got sidetracked on interior stuff so I can enjoy being inside the car more.

Djq3AA6l.jpg

t0IOA3hl.jpg

Well done.
I don't know what exactly it is, but the three center gauges and the wood rim wheel give me 60's british car vibes.
Can't wait to see this car.

Thanks guys. It does feel good to be done with that part. The seats will have to come back out for upholstery at some point but maybe after the summer. The goal is to make sure I have some time to get it tuned properly and put some miles on it before mountain meet.

Back