• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I know now what the rattle is.

2 old for this

First drive in the am or cold day there is a rattle in the front end. But after driving it goes away. Until last week. Yesterday I got the dragon -steam cleaner - out to clean up after the heater hose split. Also noticed a pinwheel streaks on a front tire. Today it is back. First thought was a brake caliper leaking. Popped the wheel off and found oil all over the lower ball joint and control arm. Any body got some new 240 struts? And top mounts

Thanks Ken ! They can keep the lights on one more day. I was hoping for a quick strut but none to be found.

The OEM rubber is better than anything you can buy now from what I've found (if you don't wanna / can't justify the BNE gucci stuff for a DD?).

Anymore, hate to say it, because its a BFPITA, but finding OEM rubber in the best condition you possible fan, folding the tabs that retain the bearing, freezing the bearing w/something of your choice after hitting it with penitrating oil, warming around where its pressed & pressing the old bearing out/new quality bearing in & installing 15A plates is probably the 'long haul smart money.'

As to struts, about all but the OEM Volvo R-sport DeCarbon w/OEM boots & Bilstain "HD" are kinda a crap shoot? :e-shrug:
That said, the Bilstain tourings & Tokicos seem to last OK of the cheap junk?
Some people like Konis for the 240 drop in application?
IDK, I'm not trying to deviate from stock ride height or spring rate much so DeCarbons or Bilsteins are fine / no 'adjustment' knobs needed with the Ohlins or Konis...

The OEM struts last a long long long time if the mounts are good, gland nut doesn't come loose & dust boot isn't torn/seals well.
But the cars are that old now & (cr)aftermarket/repop parts for them mostly suck...
...much like the Indiana Jones grail scene 'choose wisely.'

Back