• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

S/V/C Mid 2000's S80 yay or nay?

StanleyR

Overall these seem better than the late 90's earlier 00 ones, but there doesn't seem to be as many reviews of them.

Are they generally more reliable? or am I looking for a headache to waste crazy money on?

thanks in advance

The first-gen T6 with the GM transmission is best avoided unless you have a lot of money to spend-the transmission isn't really able to withstand the torque the engine produces. The 2007+ S80s have different engines and an Aisin transmission that's a lot sturdier. They're built on a different platform so they don't have much in common with the models made through 2006. You'll get better information about this on Swedespeed if you're seriously considering one.

That's an S60, not an S80 (just in case you didn't notice). If it drives well and you like it get it dealer inspected, have the transmission fluid changed soon and do the timing belt in a couple years and you should be good to go for a while.

I'm good with either to be honest...not like either could be called anymore "sporty" than the other.

It's for my spouse and I (no kids or pets). I just like the s80 for it's slightly larger sized engines and slightly better "refinement" of the interior and drive quality

I agree

there's one with similar specs I'm currently looking at. 2008 I think.

All the horror stories online has be wondering what draws people to these cars in the T6/AWD setup. Just scary and sad!

They're like my bosses wife.
They're pretty and can be had cheap.
Bada bing!!

2007+ v8...great engine. Good cars.

Because V8

Total different cars than the one you are asking...

I love mine.

Back