• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 hood wont open

Brick-hi

Hello once again. I've got a 92 240 wagon. I started to close the hood and the hinges bent. The hood doesn't look like it's bent but after I closed it only the first latch releases. I took the grill out when I had it open...... so I have some access but I cant get the other pin with the spring around it to release.

Does anyone know how to get it to release?

Edward

Hood latch pin

After researching the Bentley's manual I see that what is not releasing is called the "hood latch pin". But it doesn't tell me how to get it to release.

If all else fails and you can get hood open just a little, you can always take a 10 mm wrench and remove the bolts holding the lower section of the latch.

After researching the Bentley's manual I see that what is not releasing is called the "hood latch pin". But it doesn't tell me how to get it to release.

In a situation like this, what has worked for me is:

a) push down on the hood
b) after nose of hood is down have helper pull and hold release lever
c) then pull up on hood

The only other option I can see is either what RWC or Nel suggested

:oogle:

On mine I was able to reach up behind the bumper with a long flat nose and pry the steel bar that latches around the pin. Once it was open I swapped it with a new one from a later year and adjusted it.

Just be sure when you fix it, that it is aligned correctly and double check it locks correctly…. I learned the hard way
D27-C12-FA-D81-A-4578-9-EC8-E745-AC36-E0-D0.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back