• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

IPD boost gauge

How is this verified?

IMG_20130404_103801_zpsa1fc7f53.jpg

Car is off.

I like my install. I can clean it up a bit, so it doesn't stretch the plastic its in slightly, but otherwise I like where it's at.

and I'm not buying autometer again.

As a guy who's calibrated some air gauges, let me tell you: Industrial application pneumatic pressure gauges have a 2% of full scale tolerance across the entire scale as per ISO standard (I don't remember the number, let me get back to you.) Also, if your heater still blows through that vent, that could cause unnecessary fatigue on the gauge's spring, and moving the needle only might bring it back into calibration.

As a guy who's calibrated some air gauges, let me tell you: Industrial application pneumatic pressure gauges have a 2% of full scale tolerance across the entire scale as per ISO standard (I don't remember the number, let me get back to you.) Also, if your heater still blows through that vent, that could cause unnecessary fatigue on the gauge's spring, and moving the needle only might bring it back into calibration.

it doesn't blow through that vent anymore, and the gauge read that much off when I took it out of the box new.

Good thing on the vent, but yeah, I believe you. Lots of air gauges can't even be adjusted. The ones my company sell are either in or out of tolerance, but it's easier, because there's no vacuum scale, so zero is assumed.

Back