• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Trans fluid (already bought a case) for 940

Be careful doing an actual flush.
I've heard that for an old transmission doing a full flush can be deadly - all you want to do is a drain and refill.

Oh, I'm just doing the flush and refill anyhow. Not like a power flush, just emptying all the fluid through the radiator like a lot of you guys suggest on here.

Be careful doing an actual flush.
I've heard that for an old transmission doing a full flush can be deadly - all you want to do is a drain and refill.

I can't believe people are still repeating this. The trans "held together" by magic old gunk is a bad trans. The key to long lived automatic transmissions is clean fluid, like any other goddamn moving thing thing in the car, it needs to be lubricated. You can easily get over 300k off an AW70/71.

Yeah that's bullcrap. I have done plenty of trans services.

One thing I have learned is always ask the customer WHY they are asking for a trans flush. 98% of the time if I probe hard enough they will admit they detect a trans issue and hope a flush will help. It won't. I next inform them that there is no guarantee that it will improve anything.

Last edited:
I did a trans flush on my 244 at 300k, the fluid had apparently been neglected. I did a flush with Dex VI and holy crap what a difference. Dex VI is reverse compatible. My AW71 is happy now and shifts like a dream.

Back