home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 06-17-2021, 08:41 AM   #251
hk 40
Banned

With the MC33035 a simple MCU operated NPN transistor on pin 23 can be used to further tailor the e brake aggression . If its not pulled down its in coast mode which allows traditional disk brakes be used.
hk 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:36 AM   #252
culberro
Ronald Culberbone III

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk 40 View Post
What will he do the 1/4 in with this? Not to mention if its so advanced why do I have a motor that weighs only 448 grams and a drive 200 grams that can do this at >95% efficiency this cant and certainly weighs more than slightly less than 1 and a half pounds if you dont know what 648 grams is....
First off, I wasn’t suggesting just to use that one ME1507 to power a vehicle. Use it as a hybrid setup to have some fun. They offer a water cooled version of that exact motor, it can be run at near double the power levels.
Also, this motor makes a ton of torque for the current going through it. It’s conservatively rated from the factory.

The reason that you can make the same power with a 448g motor is Duty Cycle. Or, you’re direct cooling it, and you’ve failed to mention that. And it would have to be a crazy amount of cooling.

The ME1507 is rated at 37kw for at least 2-min with no air cooling (this is very conservative, we have seen almost 10min at full load with no airflow). Add a small 6-8” fan and the duty cycle becomes almost 100% at 32kW.

Your little motor will not provide that amount of power for more than a few seconds without failing.

Last edited by culberro; 06-17-2021 at 10:44 AM..
culberro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:45 AM   #253
hk 40
Banned

Thats incorrect I can make the power because my machine and inverter is more power and torque dense than this with a motor with better fill more poles much lower resistance and much higher stall torque . Zero to do with duty cycle sir. If he can only get 35kw for 2500.00 go ahead and share the prices of what you consider EV? Then it becomes clear budget again. My motor can fry this curtis which has no low pass filtering capability probably no synchronous rectification of Proprietary purpose made MLCC on the dc bus. Even my capacitors are "Smart" while this thing only sports basic electrolytics. Its also can process high pole count motor at over 100,000 rpm. You ever seen an 14 pole extrenal motor machine explode for the centripetal force. After many pages you dont seem to understand what 3000.00 can actually buy him. Or that machine wound devices have limits hand don't when filling a bobbin. This stuff shown is definitely marginally winded motors by chinese ladies for low pay.

you dont know that Eff= the square of idle current divided by stall current. Windings have quite a bit to do with efficiency in a BLDC machine.

Regards
Hubert

Last edited by hk 40; 06-17-2021 at 10:57 AM..
Old 06-17-2021, 10:46 AM   #254
cwdodson88
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by culberro View Post
First off, I wasn’t suggesting just to use that one ME1507 to power a vehicle. Use it as a hybrid setup to have some fun. They offer a water cooled version of that exact motor, it can be run at near double the power levels.
Also, this motor makes a ton of torque for the current going through it. It’s conservatively rated from the factory.

The reason that you can make the same power with a 448g motor is Duty Cycle.

The ME1507 is rated at 37kw for at least 2-min with no air cooling (this is very conservative, we have seen almost 10min at full load with no airflow). Add a small 6-8” fan and the duty cycle becomes almost 100% at 32kW.

Your little motor will not provide that amount of power for more than a few seconds without failing.
Have you ever tried oil cooling one? That'd be a fun little project. Potentially increase the time at peak load a bit. ATF is a great cooling media, the only issue is oil shear at the rotor/stator. So dry sump, forced oil cooling and keep them windings cool.

The Build Thread
SVEA - PUSHROD TURBO!
cwdodson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:53 AM   #255
hk 40
Banned

Yes and the cryogenic reactions in a 3 sec duration pulls me to -29 degrees Celsius. Ferro fluid in the gap increases the thermal conductivity 4 times over a standard air gap to dissipate the heat from the center of the motor out to its air cooled fins. This is proven already. It also improves static torque production, the magnetic circuit, rotor centricity in the stator, and directs stray or leakage losses. You been provide that already in the thread you had closed that is now nearing 13,000 views. Thats too high tech for here but liquid and fan cooling is interesting now.... Water or mineral spirits or kerosene cooling cools indiscriminately and will never reach the lows of cryogenic reaction or improve the magnetic circuit while ferro fluid seeks specifically the hots spots first and is self pumping ..... I think its way more interesting the rocket science.

Last edited by hk 40; 06-17-2021 at 11:02 AM..
Old 06-17-2021, 11:02 AM   #256
culberro
Ronald Culberbone III

Quote:
Thats incorrect I can make the power because my machine and inverter is more power and torque dense than this with a motor with better fill more poles much lower resistance and much higher stall torque . Zero to do with duty cycle sir. If he can only get 35kw for 2500.00 go ahead and share the prices of what you consider EV? Then it becomes clear budget again. My motor can fry this curtis which has no low pass filtering capability probably no synchronous rectification of Proprietary purpose made MLCC on the dc bus. Even my capacitors are "Smart" while this thing only sports basic electrolytics. Its also can process high pole count motor at over 100,000 rpm. You ever seen an 14 pole extrenal motor machine explode for the centripetal force. After many pages you dont seem to understand what 3000.00 can actually buy him. Or that machine wound devices have limits hand don't when filling a bobbin. This stuff shown is definitely marginally winded motors by chinese ladies for low pay.

you dont know that Eff= the square of idle current divided by stall current. Windings have quite a bit to do with efficiency in a BLDC machine.

Regards
Hubert
Hubert, how long can your motor produce 32kW of power?
Old 06-17-2021, 11:06 AM   #257
culberro
Ronald Culberbone III

Quote:
Yes and the cryogenic reactions in a 3 sec duration pulls me to -29 degrees Celsius. Ferro fluid in the gap increases the thermal conductivity 4 times over a standard air gap to dissipate the heat from the center of the motor out to its air cooled fins. This is proven already. It also improves static torque production, the magnetic circuit, rotor centricity in the stator, and directs stray or leakage losses. You been provide that already in the thread you had closed that is now nearing 13,000 views. Thats too high tech for here but liquid and fan cooling is interesting now.... Water or mineral spirits or kerosene cooling cools indiscriminately and will never reach the lows of cryogenic reaction or improve the magnetic circuit while ferro fluid seeks specifically the hots spots first and is self pumping ..... I think its way more interesting the rocket science.
Ok, so we’re all supposed to build cryogenically cooked e-motors with ferrofluid inside them? And then use them in a brick?
Old 06-17-2021, 11:08 AM   #258
hk 40
Banned

My motor that does this is a piece rewound china iron that cost me 50 dollars. So quite naturally If I build a motor this size at 50 times the cost certainly much longer than 2 min which is all the curtis drive for it is rated for.... at that level. The things a piece of junk bro. hes doing nothing impressive at 30kw. My brushless models can this peak this power and will beat it in any quarter mile race. With my cooling I can surpass anything that alibaba does. How long can the motor form Alibaba run at 30,000 rpm? So this huge thing is pathetic in comparison with much less torque density and power density.

You said my motor only can make this power because of duty cycle and thats totally incorrect. You haven't a clue what my carrier frequency is timing or anything else.

Last edited by hk 40; 06-17-2021 at 11:14 AM..
Old 06-17-2021, 11:10 AM   #259
cwdodson88
Board Member

Quote:
You been provide that already in the thread you had closed that is now nearing 13,000 views.
nO eNTIeNDO
Old 06-17-2021, 11:21 AM   #260
hk 40
Banned

Quote:
Ok, so we’re all supposed to build cryogenically cooked e-motors with ferrofluid inside them? And then use them in a brick?

I mean kids are buying the ferro fluid and putting it in their own EV bikes. Are they superior thinkers that the tb users here? Yeah why not they can buy a nitrous express INTERCOOLER and create the cryogenic in the ebrick as easily as installing a compressed co2 or Nos canister yes. Very easily. All of it's cheaper and easier that dragging a full lexus drive train into their wife limited garage space.

Remember cooling isnt so much of a concern anyway if he cared about 20 points of efficiency.... these are all turbobricks bricks way issue and that still doesn't address my inverter that has the highest power density on market and can run at that level all day.

How much more does it need to be dumbed down for a build that was supposed to be JY bits and pieces
Old 06-17-2021, 11:25 AM   #261
culberro
Ronald Culberbone III

Quote:
[IMG]
Remember cooling isnt so much of a concern anyway if he cared about 20 points of efficiency.... these are all turbobricks bricks way issue and that still doesn't address my inverter that has the highest power density on market and can run at that level all day.
If you're building a EV just for drag racing, cooling is not a great concern.
If you actually tried to drive that system on the road, or over a mountain pass....

Old 06-17-2021, 11:28 AM   #262
hk 40
Banned

I cant see the photo is waay to big for the pages here....Duh that's no eureka news. And since he can have great cooling and that def applies also to the cheap ass chineese **** he's being shown. He's building an efficient commuter now for 2-3k ? I really cant wait to see the turboricks way on that when the scooter package is 3500.00 What I suggest if you can read is exactly a EV for track fun and the most bang for his buck. So still no issues then...you just said that yourself....
Old 06-17-2021, 11:29 AM   #263
culberro
Ronald Culberbone III

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdodson88 View Post
Have you ever tried oil cooling one? That'd be a fun little project. Potentially increase the time at peak load a bit. ATF is a great cooling media, the only issue is oil shear at the rotor/stator. So dry sump, forced oil cooling and keep them windings cool.
Why reinvent the wheel when you can buy the liquid cooled version for ~$750 directly from the company?
Same internal windings and geometry as the aircooeld version (yay for not tuning another motor!), just a cooling jacket. It only needs ~ 6L/min of water flow and a dirt bike radiator to run at full load at 100%DC

http://www.motenergy.com/mepmwaco.html
Old 06-17-2021, 11:31 AM   #264
culberro
Ronald Culberbone III

Quote:
My motor that does this is a piece rewound china iron that cost me 50 dollars. So quite naturally If I build a motor this size at 50 times the cost certainly much longer than 2 min which is all the curtis drive for it is rated for.... at that level. The things a piece of junk bro. hes doing nothing impressive at 30kw. My brushless models can this peak this power and will beat it in any quarter mile race. With my cooling I can surpass anything that alibaba does. How long can the motor form Alibaba run at 30,000 rpm? So this huge thing is pathetic in comparison with much less torque density and power density.

You said my motor only can make this power because of duty cycle and thats totally incorrect. You haven't a clue what my carrier frequency is timing or anything else.
The china motor (ME1507) doesn't need to spin 30k RPM for it to make that power, that's why it's so great.
It also has a shaft that fits common v-belt pullies, so you could easily use it to add some extra oomph into ICE when needed.

That's why I was showing that motor. There's also some smaller ones that would fit better, and would probably be more than adequate for giving a t-bricker an extra 30hp for a few seconds, or 15hp until the batteries run out.

Hubert, are you taking into account the cooling energy used into your motor efficiency calculations?
Old 06-17-2021, 11:33 AM   #265
hk 40
Banned

Because liquid cooling cant compare to cryogenic cooling it which will produce much more throughput power. Your questions are telling Cullberro. I hope you realize this.

The most powerful machines in the world are superconducting HTS cryogenically cooled machines they power **** like carriers for years....

He can bring it in for less than 700.00 dollars.

When are you going the post the price of what you think is a suitable EV because the one cmpany he only gets 35kw for 2500.00
Old 06-17-2021, 11:36 AM   #266
culberro
Ronald Culberbone III

Quote:
Because liquid cooling cant compare to cryogenic cooling it which will produce much more throughput power. Your questions are telling Cullberro. I hope you realize this.
YOU KEEP FAILING TO ANSWER SIMPLE QUESTIONS!!!!!

You're motor is only hitting it's efficiency curves because you're not including the multiple kW needed for cooling! (at least that's my educated assumption)

If you included the power needed for cooling and for cryo, you're total system efficiency becomes complete dog sh!t.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:38 AM   #267
hk 40
Banned

Power needed for cryo u mean a purge solenoid space age what power consumption... U just quoted the answer why do that instead of 700 for a fukn water jacket..... It consumes power because it need a pump to work and a radiator.... and will NEVER reach that level of cooling.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:43 AM   #268
culberro
Ronald Culberbone III

Quote:
Power needed for cryo u mean a purge solenoid space age what power consumption... U just quoted the answer why do that instead of 700 for a fukn water jacket..... It consumes power because it need a pump to work and a radiator.... and will NEVER reach that level of cooling.
No genius, I'm talking about the stored energy inside the cryo fluid that you are releasing to the environment to cool your e-motor.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:46 AM   #269
hk 40
Banned

Sir he releases Oxygen or C02 for the reaction do you suppose when you purge nitrous at the track or breath out of your mouth the tree huggers come out in groves? Your arguments are getting ridiculous again. And what you are showing me is that you are not an engineer or fully versed on the newest methods of cooling high performance motors.

Do you understand that gas is a form of liquid and when you release it from high pressure to low rapidly is what creates the cooling reaction. Damn bro....
Old 06-17-2021, 11:48 AM   #270
cwdodson88
Board Member

Quote:
Why reinvent the wheel when you can buy the liquid cooled version for ~$750 directly from the company?
Same internal windings and geometry as the aircooeld version (yay for not tuning another motor!), just a cooling jacket. It only needs ~ 6L/min of water flow and a dirt bike radiator to run at full load at 100%DC

http://www.motenergy.com/mepmwaco.html
Might be a fun experiment to dissect one. With a lot of the OEM motors that I've dissected for research, the jet locations can be better placed and sized for better function, through shaft cooling is also fun and limits heat soak on hot shutdown with the rotor staying at more even temps, and aids in bearing cooling. We've played with lots of styles of cooling and going from oil flooded to forced oil with either dry sumps or self contained wet sumps gives off great results on duty cycle limitations.

If that motor can live through that kind of abuse, I think that is a surprisingly well cooled machine... so yeah, treat that one like a sore pp and dont fuk wit it.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:48 AM   #271
culberro
Ronald Culberbone III

Quote:
Sir he releases Oxygen or C02 for the reaction do you suppose when you purge nitrous at the track or breath out of your mouth the tree huggers come out in groves? Your arguments are getting ridiculous again. And what you are showing me is that you are not an engineer or fully versed on the newest methods of cooling high performance motors.

Do you understand that gas is a form of liquid and when you release it from high pressure to low rapidly is what creates the cooling reaction. Damn bro....

Old 06-17-2021, 11:50 AM   #272
hk 40
Banned

Quote:

Could you be any more dense in your arguments? Truly amazing for an expert.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:52 AM   #273
culberro
Ronald Culberbone III

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdodson88 View Post
Might be a fun experiment to dissect one. With a lot of the OEM motors that I've dissected for research, the jet locations can be better placed and sized for better function, through shaft cooling is also fun and limits heat soak on hot shutdown with the rotor staying at more even temps, and aids in bearing cooling. We've played with lots of styles of cooling and going from oil flooded to forced oil with either dry sumps or self contained wet sumps gives off great results on duty cycle limitations.

If that motor can live through that kind of abuse, I think that is a surprisingly well cooled machine... so yeah, treat that one like a sore pp and dont fuk wit it.
Oil cooling would definitely be desirable if we were needing to run it harder.
The ME motors are severely under rated, and they take a crazy amount of abuse.

The aircooled ME1507 we've ran at 3500rpm at 120C (varying load, but basically max current to keep it from overheating) for over 300-400hrs at this point. For a $700 cheap Chinese motor, I'm super impressed!
Old 06-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #274
cwdodson88
Board Member

Quote:
And how much power is consumed in the recompression of this gas? Or is this a wasted system? Are we moving forward to adding unnecessary complexity, and potentially harmful things to the brick so it will go up in flames faster or just to offer a complete burn?
Old 06-17-2021, 11:56 AM   #275
hk 40
Banned

How? oil cooling is inferior to ferrofluid cooling an dstill requires a pump do you want to see that paper? Oil will not come close to the same level of increasing the motors thermal conductivity. Also a jacket only cools the exterior of the motor it wont assist in getting past the natural insulator an "air" gap creates. The kids riding e bikes have already had this lesson.

For a strip car you dont re condense anything what are you talking about CD? Do you re condense pressurized nitrous bottles on the fly? And if it was a commuter which he wont build for 3000 have ever hear of a compressor....u know like for an AC... u just compressC02

Im leaving because the slips are showing again.

Ill return when something of significant substance is posted again.

Last edited by hk 40; 06-17-2021 at 12:04 PM..