• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Guy was from kelowna. Is on the okanagan Volvo Club Facebook group.

Today the CLEANEST 240 came into the shop. Guy bought it from Richmond area. Guy who owned it was obviously anal- under the hood was waxed. I should have snapped a picture. It's going to go sit in a garage in fort Mac now.

Jordan

Was it a white sedan? Automatic?

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/pts/5767016585.html

+T Donor? $400

00808_esmBo0DgU4u_600x450.jpg

Late model 244, grey with two tone hood and trunk, hydra and non stock exhaust, prancing mooses. exchanged up nods in the tunnel line up north bound on Friday. Anyone here I haven't met?

Engine swap from the original PRV, eighties headlights, no speedo cable, and worst of all, the Royal Automobile Club badge is not included.:roll:

$6500?

M.

Harsh. If the paint was done well, that's most of the price right there. Agreed than the lack of speedo is pretty half-assed, but I'd rather have the B23E than a PRV. Looks like it's at Allvo.

Engine swap from the original PRV, eighties headlights, no speedo cable, and worst of all, the Royal Automobile Club badge is not included.:roll:

$6500?

M.

Looks like it has a speedo cable. Possible that the car originally had the Bw55 and therefore had a shorter cable, which is now kinked and causing the speedometer to do funky things. Or, since they mention that it needs to be changed because the car doesn't have the correct mileage due to the engine swap, maybe they're talking about the odometer being different.

Also, with respect to the headlamps:
s-l300.jpg

Only the 1976-77 260s had spider eyes.

Would be nice if interior pics had been posted, tho.

-J

Oh, wow, I stand corrected. Naomi has a '78 244 with quad rounds. I presumed the 26x cars had rounds too. My bad. :oops:

I still stand by the thought that $6500 is a lot of cake for a motor swapped sedan. It does look nice, but it's priced like it's a restoration/survivor. By swapping to the better and more desirable redblock, it unfortunately loses whatever value it had as a collectible. It's just a nice old NA sedan with a bunch of quirks from whatever corners were cut on the swap, like not sorting the speedo/odometer/whatever.

It likely has that value to someone- just not me, I guess.

M.

Oh, wow, I stand corrected. Naomi has a '78 244 with quad rounds. I presumed the 26x cars had rounds too. My bad. :oops:

I still stand by the thought that $6500 is a lot of cake for a motor swapped sedan. It does look nice, but it's priced like it's a restoration/survivor. By swapping to the better and more desirable redblock, it unfortunately loses whatever value it had as a collectible. It's just a nice old NA sedan with a bunch of quirks from whatever corners were cut on the swap, like not sorting the speedo/odometer/whatever.

It likely has that value to someone- just not me, I guess.

M.

Oh totally, I wouldn't pay that for it either. That said, I think the total global market for pristine original 264s is probably two sentimental guys in Scandinavia.

For at least a few years in the late seventies, you could get all three sealed beam set-ups in this market, depending if you went with the upscale V6 or Diesel, the suburban 244 and 245, or the economy 242. All four really, as the GT set-up is not really the same as the 242DL.

What year is your 265, and what lights does it have?

I agree that the price listed for that particular example is pretty high. For that money, I'd want a speedo matched to my rear end ratio, and a tach matched to my cylinder count. Everything working and pretty minty inside and out.

Solid sheetmetal and nice paint is worth quite a few bucks on a seventies 240 though. I'm getting on the wrong side of that lately.

What year is your 265, and what lights does it have?

Mine is a '76, and came with a Maaco paintjob and quad squares and later manual mirrors, but I'm pretty sure it was an update by the previous owner. Part of what makes me shy about a swapped car comes from buying the V8 car- a swap someone else did. There was some work done by whoever did the swap on my '76 that makes me shake my head. Keep in mind, I'm a hack. It's bad when I can look and go "Wow, that's dumb."

Solid sheetmetal and nice paint is worth quite a few bucks on a seventies 240 though. I'm getting on the wrong side of that lately.

Agreed on that. Speaking of which... remember the rear door I was hoping to grab? Got two? Stan got hit and run on the driver's side rear door a couple of months ago so both sides match :-(

M.

Back