• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Ah thanks John, it would be that one then. It's a L shape, two bolt tabs. The one from ipd shows an additional dogleg down at the back, which I guess would be for the b23ft then?

Yup.

I think the replacement ones are all the turbo parts, since Volvo decided it'd be less costly to sell two styles of heater pipes than three or four.

-J

Anyone have anything hiding in a garage anywhere?? We can order from ipd, but I'm trying to get him on the road before the weekend.
Cheers
Edit: got our hands on one. Cheers

Last edited:
Hey guys, how's it going?

It's going. I'm proving I've taken complete leave of my sanity and have been compiling all the things I to do a major polish on the Fridge.

I changed the ENTIRE heater assembly in Naomi's car. Literally everything but the vents in the dashboard. I had to swap away from the "only available in North America for two years and only in Canada and only on lower optioned cars" heater assembly, laughingly known as the "Common Unit" Heater. :wtf:

So that was fun.

How are you?

M.

Good. Not enough time for brick shenanigans, though I like driving a 245 around these days. :D

You still have a Volvo?

It's going. I'm proving I've taken complete leave of my sanity and have been compiling all the things I to do a major polish on the Fridge.

I changed the ENTIRE heater assembly in Naomi's car. Literally everything but the vents in the dashboard. I had to swap away from the "only available in North America for two years and only in Canada and only on lower optioned cars" heater assembly, laughingly known as the "Common Unit" Heater. :wtf:

So that was fun.

How are you?

M.

I'm currently without Volvo. But my girlfriend kinda needs a vehicle and I've suggested I buy a 940 to pass the time during the whole ICBC thing and she's not quite saying no so my girlfriend might be driving one soon.

Also I've got a girlfriend and a new job so things are p cool over here. And I'm moving out in a little over a week, out to White Rock. Miss you guys!

Hey Jesse, it's been a while.

May be time for SF17 Part I soon? I'd offer the carport up, but it's soon to be even more full of derelict heaps, and I hear all the cool kids are moving south.

May be time for SF17 Part I soon? I'd offer the carport up, but it's soon to be even more full of derelict heaps, and I hear all the cool kids are moving EAST.

Fixed. :)

I've been crazy busy with the little kid and the "new" business. Been fun taking over the shop, but it's no place to host a barbecue....yet. I hope to one day.

I washed the 242 to prep it for sale...but that's the only thing that I've been able to do on it in like 7 months. :lol:

I'd be up for visiting the Western Wastelands for SF17 Part I. :rofl:

So does this mean a venue for SF17 is needed? It might be cool to do a Chukanut Dr. cruise and BBQ or head to Skagit river brewery. The poopy part would crossing the border with hoopties and Commander Cheeto

White Rock....How racist! That rock was never white at heart!

What cross streets? White Rock need more cool people....

9th and Lee. Pretty excited!

May be time for SF17 Part I soon? I'd offer the carport up, but it's soon to be even more full of derelict heaps, and I hear all the cool kids are moving south.

I second this.

Thirded!

Fixed. :)

I've been crazy busy with the little kid and the "new" business. Been fun taking over the shop, but it's no place to host a barbecue....yet. I hope to one day.

I washed the 242 to prep it for sale...but that's the only thing that I've been able to do on it in like 7 months. :lol:

I'd be up for visiting the Western Wastelands for SF17 Part I. :rofl:

We're going to look at a 95 960 tonight, possible head gasket leak. If that's the case, there's a 91 940GLE to look at after.

I'm trying not to show it, but I'm super excited about the idea of being in the Volvo fold again.

How far east did you go AJ. There are limits beyond which Eastern Coolness drops off exponentially.
Fleetwood, Surrey. Smack-dab in the British/Filipino centre of the great Indian subcontinent.
So does this mean a venue for SF17 is needed? It might be cool to do a Chukanut Dr. cruise and BBQ or head to Skagit river brewery. The poopy part would crossing the border with hoopties and Commander Cheeto
Commander-in-Cheeto lol
We're going to look at a 95 960 tonight, possible head gasket leak. If that's the case, there's a 91 940GLE to look at after.

I'm trying not to show it, but I'm super excited about the idea of being in the Volvo fold again.

Come fix Lumpy with me HAHA :rofl:

I'm down for some SF17 whatever that means. Sounds like potential for BBQ and beers.

Feels like it's been a while.

I just remember you as the guy with the cool 240 T-shirts and the 240 suspension parts that currently live in my 242. :lol:

is your 242 the black one that Theo had?

He ended up picking up the suspenders and we traded wheels what feels like eons ago.

Back