home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 07-21-2021, 06:19 PM   #126
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor

Now is that the B6304 head or the b6284t?
History: Car 1 (242) | Car 2 (t5r) | Car 3 (255)
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:59 PM   #127
poulrais
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
B6284t... I have a B6304 head also and gasket at hand. I'll check tomorrow if the runners or bolt pattenr are that far appart. I not I don't think it'll be that much of a assle to modify his CAD file for the 3L head.

Hell I might need one myself since all these high power 6 cylinder Whiteblock swaps are using the B6304 NA head.

1990, Volvo 740 16v +T
1991, Volvo 745T 16V - crushed
build thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=249553
poulrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #128
poulrais
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Different intake manifold bolt pattern for the B6304 but the intake ports are at the same place though a little bit smaller. Roger said that it wouldn't be hard to make an adapter for that head with small modifications to the CAD file.

Biggest problem though would be that big thermostat housing and the PS pump bracket so an electrical ps pump and relocating the thermostat would be required. I will also have to modify the coolant neck on the head even if the thermostat is on the front of the engine.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:29 PM   #129
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulrais View Post
Different intake manifold bolt pattern for the B6304 but the intake ports are at the same place though a little bit smaller. Roger said that it wouldn't be hard to make an adapter for that head with small modifications to the CAD file.

Biggest problem though would be that big thermostat housing and the PS pump bracket so an electrical ps pump and relocating the thermostat would be required. I will also have to modify the coolant neck on the head even if the thermostat is on the front of the engine.
Iíve seen a few of the Swedes running the housing from the later motors, this style:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...EaAnfmEALw_wcB

Itís not exactly the same but so,e how they are doing it.
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 01:40 AM   #130
Alex Buchka
8 cylinders

This is how I solved the thermostat housing issue. Ended up just brutalizing the damn thing along with the back side of the timing cover. It's a really tight squeeze in that area, I had to trim down the ITB adapter plate and thermostat housing edge quite a bit. There's also less than 1mm of clearance to the TPS when the #1 throttle body is bolted on.

Alex Buchka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:27 AM   #131
poulrais
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Buchka View Post
This is how I solved the thermostat housing issue. Ended up just brutalizing the damn thing along with the back side of the timing cover. It's a really tight squeeze in that area, I had to trim down the ITB adapter plate and thermostat housing edge quite a bit. There's also less than 1mm of clearance to the TPS when the #1 throttle body is bolted on.

It'll easier to modify mine since the thermostat is in front of the engine but I'll have to keep this in mind if I ever switch to a B6304 NA head in the future.

Is there a "rule" dictating the distance that the thermostat can be from the head? If not wouldn't it be easier just to mount it near the radiator?