• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuse Box/Panel Removal (94' 940 wagon)

Theodoret

How do you remove a fuse panel from a Volvo 900 series?
I have an electrical short that:
  • blows fuse #5
  • Continuously sounded the seat belt reminder chime
The rest of the features of the car work fine. Power windows, child locks, central locking. This small pool of wiring issues leads me to believe that the short/damaged wiring is somewhere under or near the fuse panel.

Here's where I am so far:
t59z7BM

I do not know how to proceed with removing the fuse panel to inspect the wiring underneath for melting/shorts.

Thanks for any and all suggestions

P.S. I have removed these clips (red) and pried up on the fuse box via the handle (green) but it doesn't feel like it wants to come out.
8oVgFHb

Last edited:
No matter how, removal is a PITA. You might even have to put the car in gear to get the shift lever out of the way. Be sure to check you headlight relay. It may have melted the fuse panel. I had to hard wire a new socket and replaced the relay with a heavy duty one. Nothing unusual there, just under-designed. Good time to replace your fuel pump relay also with newer relay - IPD has them.
Laz

As stated above, the fuse panel can be unclipped and pulled out of the dash housing quite a ways. The wiring harness has lots of slack. Inspect well the fuse housing and connections. You may find corrosion or melted plastic.

At least your year is past the range of Volvo's use of Bosch biodegradable wiring, so count yourself lucky there. :)

Back