• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Starter selection

Dvroofer

I recently had my og starter die an honorable death. Picked up one at oriellys because it was in stock. Got it installed with fresh wires, check continuity tested the switch wire. Everything was good. Within maybe an hour of let?s say 5 starts because I?m tuning? the new starter stuck on. Decided to check everything battery Volt ect. Put a charger on it and kicked over.. tried agin stuck on even with the charger on . My question is this is obviously a piece of junk. What starters does everyone run reliably?
Thanks Dave

I recently had my og starter die an honorable death. Picked up one at oriellys because it was in stock. Got it installed with fresh wires, check continuity tested the switch wire. Everything was good. Within maybe an hour of let?s say 5 starts because I?m tuning? the new starter stuck on. Decided to check everything battery Volt ect. Put a charger on it and kicked over.. tried agin stuck on even with the charger on . My question is this is obviously a piece of junk. What starters does everyone run reliably?
Thanks Dave

I keep a used one on hand from Pick n Pull for the interim, but I'd prefer to have an OEM one professionally rebuilt for the long haul.

Yup the oreillyzone rebuilds are pretty low QC these days. Their business plan seems to be to cheerfully exchange your warantee (Lifetime, am I right?) returns numerous times until you get a good one. Too bad they don't reimburse your R/R costs.

You'll get way faster at the R/R the second, third, fourth, etc. times.

(A common cause is a sticking starter solenoid plunger)

Back