• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

As promised, here's the 933 XDF v.50 attached amongst a bunch of other stuff I'm going to add to my NA tuning how-to thread. I also included my 951 BIN and notes from it stating what the setup is for fun if you'd like to see it.

This post a bit back in this thread should have a similar xdf, that will work with some tweaking;)

Finally got my junk on the dyno, using kyle's (klr142) every day mapping as part of the setup, in a later bin file with the e-fan compatibility. I also updated to include the later lambda constants, as I made a comparison sheet for those. The tune got put in a 984 casing and ran on the dyno for a cool 135whp@190Nm. 1500-2000 rpm needs some sorting, possibly some idle enrichment deal that could be improved, in general I'm happy.

https://i.imgur.com/jg3AhOYl.png

To repeat a small summary of the setup for reference:
10.3:1 b230k with stock 530 head
kg004 aka k camshaft
buchka wasted spark
218cc ev6 injectors
bigger J-pipe with turbo exhaust system
Chipped lh2.4 (own tune)
Awesome!! Congrats and nice work! I’m glad it’s been a decent starting point for you and you got it on the dyno. Do you have a chart that shows the air/fuel ratio as well?

The low rpm stuff is tricky, for sure. Some of the problems there have to do with airflow through the intake and exhaust. I have Lambda feedback turned back on in my 244 so it helps with it from going super rich in my car under 2000rpm near full throttle.

guys where I can found bins for:

0280 000 549 or
0280 000 562 or
0280 000 571

thanks!
Those are 16V computers, correct? I think I have some bin files(if they?re not already in the attachment I posted previously that Swedbrick mentioned), but I don?t have any XDFs to actually tune them. Let me know if you still want something and I?ll see if I can dig them up.

I do have a bunch of bins and xdfs saved on my computers but they?re mostly for 8V n/a applications.

Awesome!! Congrats and nice work! I?m glad it?s been a decent starting point for you and you got it on the dyno. Do you have a chart that shows the air/fuel ratio as well?

The low rpm stuff is tricky, for sure. Some of the problems there have to do with airflow through the intake and exhaust. I have Lambda feedback turned back on in my 244 so it helps with it from going super rich in my car under 2000rpm near full throttle.

Unfortunately no air fuel on this run, I still had not replaced the S shaped exhaust tip, so we couldn't get the lambda installed. The engine is now going to be living on in a local rally 142, so with a bit of luck it might see the Dyno again when I can be there.

Folks, as jetronic.info and the mirror on ipdown are n/a...can anybody help me out with some BIN and XDF Files for having fun with ostrich and tunerpro?

guys where I can found bins for:

0280 000 549 or
0280 000 562 or
0280 000 571

thanks!
I have a 562 and 954 bin as well as a basic 954 xdf attached. I don't have a bin file for the other two ECUs and no xdf for any of them.

Attachments

• LH stuff.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 66
Great, glad that the Jetronic site and all the bins/xdfs are back.

From the home page:
News:Dec 2018
During 2018 there have been good communication with a former Volvo development engineer and several myths and other lore regarding EZK and LH has been busted.
That's very interesting -- is there a write-up somewhere of what was learned?

TIA,
Bob

Anybody have Mr. Sneck bin? In xdf I see one of value "changed in sneck bin". I have TLAO, Fred's, Viking, Stoni, BSR chips, any have some difference, but if I'll see to real professional bin - sounds really interesting for me. Anybody?

I don't have a Sneck bin but you sure sound like you have quite the collection!

On another note, what are people using as a chip programmer these days? My cheapo Genius Programmer G540 is not working anymore and I'd like to make a chip for my race car!

Hello. I noticed the Ipdown's wiki mirror is down (502 bad gateway). I'm in urgent need of the checksum plugin (LHCSum.dll), and I'd be grateful if anyone could upload it to external mirror.

I have the Willem 6.0E, works pretty well if you have a pc with a parallel port still
:lol: Does your PC have a red Turbo button too?

For programmers, I have a TL866A which works fine for the standard ceramic package UV erasable EPROMs and for the SST27SF256 electrically erasable EEPROMs (still seem to be available from china at 10 for $10). The TL866 is no longer available, but the replacement TL866II Plus should work fine.

PSA: If you have an older working TL866 programmer, do NOT update the firmware. Apparently the original version was heavily counterfeited, and the latest firmware will brick any suspect devices.

Hello. I noticed the Ipdown's wiki mirror is down (502 bad gateway). I'm in urgent need of the checksum plugin (LHCSum.dll), and I'd be grateful if anyone could upload it to external mirror.

Try unzipping this?

Attachments

• LHCSum.dll.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 24
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/ZEVd8iL42_VowQ here is dll
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/FVMLje6wY3KlbA here is all bins

In case of main differences between BINs I found a simple thing - for super safety you should use 984 bins maps, because they are very precise on low and middle rpm, BUT very rich on high rpms and I can't do anything with it, because (in my opinion) LH ECU is very slooooooow and can't operate with instant boost changes.
But with 937 firmware I have better results and more linear reaction on throttle. I think older bins was created more for performance, then newest which made for ecology stuff for low and middle RPM.

I have a wideband lambda now and can say - almost all bins are too rich in high rpm. Yes, it's safery, but yes - you might have more power with leaner AFR.

But I made MS2 week ago and now will try to make it plug-n-play, with stock relays, stock grounds + additional connector for injectors (sequential), MAP, IAT, CPS (in stock it goes to EZK) and CAS. Simple and clean (in my mind for this moment).

Has anyone got an .xdf for 148 ezk please?

The 'Volvo_EZK_207-linuxman-v2.xdf' in EFbI4's files makes the data appear all over the shop. Old post on here by mrjaybeeze says "Well...207 and 146/148 has main ignition table at different addresses."

ezk14811.jpg

Back