• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rear shock recommendations

golddayton101

Not sure if I am posting in the right place but the time has come to replace my rear shocks. I am running Billy HDs all around but I am not sure if I should replace it with another set of HDs or, Koni, KYB, Sachs?

KYB Gas-A-Just on the rear of my 88 765. 16 years and counting.

I'd be hesitant to "downgrade" from Bilstein HDs but I'm also a big fan of the KYB Gas-A-Just. It is a monotube shock based on the DeCarbon design as used by Bilstein on the HD. Not to be confused (but often is) with the twin tube GR-2.

There was a time when KYB also made them in strut inserts. Remember installing them in the 80s on a BMW 320i and they were fantastic on all four corners.

Your Bilstein HD shocks have a lifetime warranty. Contact the seller that you got them from for replacement shocks. You may need to buy new shocks and then they will refund your money when the bad shocks are returned and accepted.

They're a 15-year-old pair of the sport springs lol. I called Bilstein and they said they wouldn't be able to exchange them since they're over 10 years old.

I have Koni sport adjustable on all four corners. Had one fail they gave me a new one.

Back