• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cossie T3

For the record, my turbo ended up being a weird amalgamation of bits.

.48 Cossie exhaust.
Ford SVO chra
0384 compressor housing.

I bought the turbo from RS classics, and it ended up being garbage.
I then found someone local who was going to have their brand new CHRA rebuilt with a t04 compressor, so I gave them the core chra I had here, and paid the difference for his new chra.

Put my housings on the ford chra and Im in business.

In its new home:
12645042_10206021090941471_1926020886682018834_n.jpg

dear lord, are those copper nuts or are they just coated? if copper could you possibly link me to where you found them? appreciate it, amen

For the record, my turbo ended up being a weird amalgamation of bits.

.48 Cossie exhaust.
Ford SVO chra
0384 compressor housing.

I bought the turbo from RS classics, and it ended up being garbage.
I then found someone local who was going to have their brand new CHRA rebuilt with a t04 compressor, so I gave them the core chra I had here, and paid the difference for his new chra.

Put my housings on the ford chra and Im in business.

In its new home:
12645042_10206021090941471_1926020886682018834_n.jpg

That looks sexy. I'm taking my turbo engine out of the 940 this weekend so project Cossie Fawkin Turbo will be a go-go soon. RS Classics are always good.. I have a chap local ish to me who breaks Cossie bits down in Gosport near Portsmouth so will be checking him out for a TB0384 soon.

dear lord, are those copper nuts or are they just coated? if copper could you possibly link me to where you found them? appreciate it, amen

Copper plated..Work fantastic..Available where ever VW aircooled stuff is sold.
M8x1.25 with 12 hex
M8x1,25 with 13 hex
M10x1.5 with 14 hex<----my fave for turbo flange to manifold so you get a box end on them
M10x1.5 with 15 hex

Of course we all drill and tap the manifold to M10 as a matter of course, don't we?:oogle:

T I have a chap local ish to me who breaks Cossie bits down in Gosport near Portsmouth so will be checking him out for a TB0384 soon.

You think you can scare up a Cossie airbox for "non-bend-them-over" price from your local guy?
Gary seems to like a weeeeeeeeeeeeee bit more squids than they typically go for in a normal private sale...
Let me snows.

VW aircooled exhaust nuts, possibly Bug Pack. $5 for 8, 18 months ago.
Edit: I see JVL beat me to it.... By about half an hour.

Last edited:
You think you can scare up a Cossie airbox for "non-bend-them-over" price from your local guy?
Gary seems to like a weeeeeeeeeeeeee bit more squids than they typically go for in a normal private sale...
Let me snows.

Not Gary Z no, another chap with two that he's just taken on to break for spares. I'll enquire and see what his prices are. I'm on a few Cosworth groups and they're fetching ?150-300 most days.

Annoyingly most are coming with shafts that are buggered or have lots of play. I aim to get one rebuilt, new 360 beating, actuator, seals and all at Turbo Dynamics near me.

Not Gary Z no, another chap with two that he's just taken on to break for spares. I'll enquire and see what his prices are. I'm on a few Cosworth groups and they're fetching ?150-300 most days.

Annoyingly most are coming with shafts that are buggered or have lots of play. I aim to get one rebuilt, new 360 beating, actuator, seals and all at Turbo Dynamics near me.

Is that Vince? in Daventry?

And wait! Airfilter box, I was asking..I've picked them up a while ago at 20-25 squids.

One thing to think of is grabbing a YB down pipe for harvesting the first section wif the conical seat and that big fat flange...and a waste gate actuator...(just snagged 2 today off your Flea bay)

Of course we all drill and tap the manifold to M10 as a matter of course, don't we?:oogle:

Of course master! Already clamped her to the ole commie enco, milled and retapped the manifold to m10x whatever these imperialist bastards had in the shop. I swear I had to search 20 min for a sutable metric tap.

Is that Vince? in Daventry?

And wait! Airfilter box, I was asking..I've picked them up a while ago at 20-25 squids.

One thing to think of is grabbing a YB down pipe for harvesting the first section wif the conical seat and that big fat flange...and a waste gate actuator...(just snagged 2 today off your Flea bay)

Ah, sorry! I'll see who has an airbox, see what his price is and get back to you.

For ****s and giggles, I disassembled the cossie turbo I got from the uk today. The turbine shaft was so worn, it looks like sand went through the turbo.

I have to fit a compressor bypass valve/BOV if I want to use the Cossie T3, right? As there's no CBV built in. I hear of people with compressor stall when going from 13C-T3 as it has no CBV..

Why would you need, or want, to install either a compressor bypass valve or recirculation valve on a performance orientated engine build?

I have to fit a compressor bypass valve/BOV if I want to use the Cossie T3, right? As there's no CBV built in. I hear of people with compressor stall when going from 13C-T3 as it has no CBV..

Last edited:

If you drive without a BOV you get this lovely turbo chatter... On the other hand the turbo doesn?t like it a lot and will get damaged if it is not fitted with a special shaft (maram, polygon). I drove without BOV for a while. Sound during gear change is phenomenal, from
time to time the AMM got mean --> lambda light on --> idle started to get crazy...
Installed a bailey DV26, problem solved.

If you drive without a BOV you get this lovely turbo chatter... On the other hand the turbo doesn?t like it a lot and will get damaged if it is not fitted with a special shaft (maram, polygon). I drove without BOV for a while. Sound during gear change is phenomenal, from
time to time the AMM got mean --> lambda light on --> idle started to get crazy...
Installed a bailey DV26, problem solved.

After reading online I will just fit a Porsche Bosch CBV, with the brass diaphragm. Keep the turbo spinning...

Back