• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Motive power bleeder will not screw on

DavePolyakov

Been trying for the last hour, pushing down very hard, and keeping the cap square I still can not get it to thread onto the reservoir. Spilled a full liter of brake fluid in my driveway and my hands are screwed up. Is it even possible to use? Seriously, really frustrated with this kit right now, wasn't cheap either.

Been trying for the last hour, pushing down very hard, and keeping the cap square I still can not get it to thread onto the reservoir. Spilled a full liter of brake fluid in my driveway and my hands are screwed up. Is it even possible to use? Seriously, really frustrated with this kit right now, wasn't cheap either.

I had one of those bleeders. What I did was use a spare reservoir cap to make a Volvo only fit. After a while the bleeder wouldn't hold pressure and got tossed. Not sure what happened to the custom cap.

Is the master cylinder reservoir OEM or aftermarket? The aftermarket stuff really sucks these days. I've seen people use C clamps to keep the cap on as well.

Like using a C clamp to put pressure downward on the cap while screwing it by hand? I'm pretty damn sure you need to apply a lot of pressure to move the seal out of the way when threading it so the threads can actually screw on. I'm sure it's the right cap as I ordered it directly from IPD.
Is the master cylinder reservoir OEM or aftermarket? The aftermarket stuff really sucks these days. I've seen people use C clamps to keep the cap on as well.

I’ve just resorted to using the motive as an air bladder, I don’t even put brake fluid into it anymore.

I just top up the reservoir, screw on the cap, and then pump the dry container up to 15psi.
Even if there’s a small leak at the cap, it doesn’t spray fluid everywhere.

Just don’t drain the reservoir dry.

I bought my years ago from IPD and have never had an issue but these days you never know. The fact that you say no threads are engaging makes me wonder.

The one I bought came with the European adapter and that worked fine on my old 142. I?m sure the reservoirs are the same thread as a 240. Just gonna throw out there again that you probably have the wrong bleeder cap.

I successfully got it but It was very difficult. Seriously fiddled around with it for a full hour just trying to thread it on. If the rubber seal was 1mm thinner I'm sure it would have been so much easier. I was looking at Evo X forums where there is a whole thread on this so I guess it just takes serious precision lol.

I?ve just resorted to using the motive as an air bladder, I don?t even put brake fluid into it anymore.

I just top up the reservoir, screw on the cap, and then pump the dry container up to 15psi.
Even if there?s a small leak at the cap, it doesn?t spray fluid everywhere.

Just don?t drain the reservoir dry.

This is the only way we ever use ours.

Back