• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Graphting Front Fender Flare to Quarter

TempleUWS6

*Grafting

Has anyone seen this done or tried it?

As you might have noticed the front fenders have a larger flare than the quarters do. Mine have some love marks in the form of dents on the flare and cutting and hammering the lips didn't help them any. I figure since I'm going to paint the car anyway, might as well look into doing this. Would allow for wider wheels/bigger tires, flares that don't need a lot of shaping, I could also solve the un-centered axle in the arch problem without shortened trailing arms.

Thoughts and concerns appreciated.

I bought some JDM flares off a local guy, I just went at it with a cutoff wheel and an angle grinder. I had previously cut the inner fender on the rear and smashed that up and in and welded everything back. I have 275/45/17 on mustang Cobra rims on this pic

lUbwaPHOYLztJrpM1Fz2Kh_qeN8JpDY5mSFXzBCzFAAP3K0EQyDGzPKE3y4jpv5-lSS3VNFO1XOYLzB5YyYjdEAdzUOCrYn2qQDzuqgvpA6C5dRySX8xK-yVO1Asp0BktUxTurqgOsg=w500

YiKfbhWzXdmy8Xu1-qXWqhtF7PT04awng9ry8DzxDh7pbTxyjH5rIebcWaVf2TvKdUH-Kz7q79aDzPaPynAeGrVoGgRsEeWEUUBAkj_fYQMHkrpt7TmW8cXksH1x7VqRZ3sa3H47iro=w500

Last edited:
I don't like over fender flares, I don't even need a wheel and tire big enough to need them. I'd rather keep it clean and stock looking.

I'm going to the yard tomorrow to cut the flares out and test fit them on the car while at the yard and see if it would work out. Stay tuned.

The inner fender is the problem piece, besides getting it sealed up right and rust proofed to factory specs.

I'm thinking of doing it a la Dave Barton. The car is already a bastard that had one foot in the crusher that I've run ragged as a daily for the past almost 8 years and 200k miles; front end and soon to be FT swapped. I'm not concerned with making it to factory spec, only driveway spec.

rear_fender_arch2lo.jpg

Last edited:
I started on this 6+ years ago :-)omg:) and never finished. The car has been sitting outside for years now and I'm not certain if I'll ever revive it.

17x11, 295/35/17 Hoosier A7 was the tire I was trying to fit under the fenders.

150071289.jpg

150071291.jpg

151544716.jpg

151544880.jpg

151544881.jpg

151554966.jpg

151666677.jpg

151666883.jpg

152080637.jpg

152390260.jpg

152754784.jpg

Two years later...2015:
160173810.jpg

I started on this 6+ years ago :-)omg:) and never finished. The car has been sitting outside for years now and I'm not certain if I'll ever revive it.

Nice! one step left, CRUSHHH!!

I dig it, I wouldn't go to that extent, but it seems pretty straight forward. I like how it creates an extension at the rear and could extended to partially cover the butt cheek. Definitely has potential.

there's several pretty well publicized cars out there with this body work.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/01/turbo-bricking-it-riding-in-a-740hp-volvo/

That's it!

Forgot to mention that I flipped the front lips side to side when putting them on the rear. So drivers side front fender gave up it's lip for the passenger side rear quarter.

The trailing edge of the front arch matches up nicely to the rocker when they're essentially put on backwards on the rear since the bottom rear portion of the front fender is the same shape as the rocker.

Back