home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
Markos Simopoulos
Board Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Default b230ft oil squirters

does anyone know of any place I can get oil squirters for a b230ft
Markos Simopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:02 PM   #2
Hacksaw116
Board Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca
Default

There is a BMW part that fits if you drill and tap the block for them. I don't have a part number though, sorry.
__________________
Hacksaw116
Hacksaw116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:07 PM   #3
Markos Simopoulos
Board Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Default

My block came with oil squirters and I read somewhere that the bmw squirters won't work in this case
Markos Simopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:49 PM   #4
Hacksaw116
Board Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca
Default

1993+ IIRC came with volvo squirters from the factory.

https://www.brickboard.com/RWD/volvo...ers_years.html
Hacksaw116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:49 PM   #5
iHateVolvoPeople
Board Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Midwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos Simopoulos View Post
My block came with oil squirters and I read somewhere that the bmw squirters won't work in this case
What’s wrong with your current squirters?
__________________
Feedback Thread
White liberals are the scum of the earth.
iHateVolvoPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:40 PM   #6
Hacksaw116
Board Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca
Default

I think volvo used m5x0.8 and IIRC BMW used m6x1. Not sure, I could be wrong.
Hacksaw116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:45 PM   #7
Markos Simopoulos
Board Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateVolvoPeople View Post
What’s wrong with your current squirters?
nothing wrong with them, in fact I actually like them, they just vanished after i removed them to get my cylinders over bored
Markos Simopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:26 PM   #8
iHateVolvoPeople
Board Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Midwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos Simopoulos View Post
nothing wrong with them, in fact I actually like them, they just vanished after i removed them to get my cylinders over bored
Oh crap that sucks.


I’d post in wanted, I’ll bet someone has a set laying around for cheap.
iHateVolvoPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:22 AM   #9
John V, outside agitator
Board Member
 
John V, outside agitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sleezattle, WA, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw116 View Post
I think volvo used m5x0.8 and IIRC BMW used m6x1. Not sure, I could be wrong.
The BMW ones use M8x1 ..The PN is somewhere in the stickied squirterization thread.
__________________
John Vanlandingham/JVAB Imports
Sleezattle WA, USA

--> CALL (206) 431-9696<----

www.rallyrace.net/jvab

www.rallyanarchy.com

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

"When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him: 'Whose?'"
— Don Marquis
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:49 AM   #10
Redwood Chair
K-jet For Life
 
Redwood Chair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: - Stock PSI Or Bust -
Default

Condolences dude, those are beaucoup bucks from Volvo, if indeed they still have them anymore.
__________________
Raise The Lowered


Image hosted by servimg.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperfauto View Post
Folks on here don't know a good deal when they see it.
how psi stock cna sprout?


Redwood Chair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:02 AM   #11
Markos Simopoulos
Board Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Default

are these the beemer ones? https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...-1-739-907-BOE
Markos Simopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:10 AM   #12
John V, outside agitator
Board Member
 
John V, outside agitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sleezattle, WA, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos Simopoulos View Post
Yes...They MAY work.. if you look at your block you'll see that there's the threaded hole and then just next to it there's another hole for the peg on the squirter to clock or index the squirter...on the production line with nice fancy jigs and fixtures getting the 2 holes exactly positioned is easy...Doing it exactly right in the garage is impossible..

So when trying to figure out something that that any fool could do easily, the peg was out.
Additionally when checking prices way back whenever the **** it was when I was thinking about this the stinking Volvo ones ---and Mitsubishi 4G63 ones I had a set of left over from a engine I built for a rally guy----the price was around $76-78 each versus the then BMW price of about $16.75.....
So 2 solid reasons for using the BMW and just indexing the nozzles 'manually'...

So since somebody lost your squirters, you have to weigh the easy but expensive thing....just buy some Volvo ones for loadsa dough, OR

1) finger out the thread pitch in the block 8x1? 8 x 1.25???? and IF you are lucky and its same as BMW 8 x 1 then get hold of one and see if nozzle length will work..
Shirley with all the long term Volvo know-it-alls here somebody must know the thread pitch...

2) find somebody that will sell you some second hand Volvo squirters.

Personaly I'd think real hard about who lost the things...If they were on the block when you dropped it off at the machine shop, and they removed them, they should man up and help cover the cost of what they lost..But rotsa ruck with that..

A possible 3rd way
Call Engine Rebuilder Supply in Troutdale Oregon and ask if they have any

Engine Rebuilders Supply (aka ERS)
4.6
11 Google reviews
Used auto parts store in Troutdale, Oregon
Address: 2050 NW Marine Dr, Troutdale, OR 97060
Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30AM



Phone: (503) 661-5614
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:47 PM   #13
Markos Simopoulos
Board Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V, outside agitator View Post
Yes...They MAY work.. if you look at your block you'll see that there's the threaded hole and then just next to it there's another hole for the peg on the squirter to clock or index the squirter...on the production line with nice fancy jigs and fixtures getting the 2 holes exactly positioned is easy...Doing it exactly right in the garage is impossible..

So when trying to figure out something that that any fool could do easily, the peg was out.
Additionally when checking prices way back whenever the **** it was when I was thinking about this the stinking Volvo ones ---and Mitsubishi 4G63 ones I had a set of left over from a engine I built for a rally guy----the price was around $76-78 each versus the then BMW price of about $16.75.....
So 2 solid reasons for using the BMW and just indexing the nozzles 'manually'...

So since somebody lost your squirters, you have to weigh the easy but expensive thing....just buy some Volvo ones for loadsa dough, OR


1) finger out the thread pitch in the block 8x1? 8 x 1.25???? and IF you are lucky and its same as BMW 8 x 1 then get hold of one and see if nozzle length will work..
Shirley with all the long term Volvo know-it-alls here somebody must know the thread pitch...

2) find somebody that will sell you some second hand Volvo squirters.

Personaly I'd think real hard about who lost the things...If they were on the block when you dropped it off at the machine shop, and they removed them, they should man up and help cover the cost of what they lost..But rotsa ruck with that..

A possible 3rd way
Call Engine Rebuilder Supply in Troutdale Oregon and ask if they have any

Engine Rebuilders Supply (aka ERS)
4.6
11 Google reviews
Used auto parts store in Troutdale, Oregon
Address: 2050 NW Marine Dr, Troutdale, OR 97060
Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30AM



Phone: (503) 661-5614
thanks for the help I will continue the search for the stock ones for know volvo doesn't mke them anymore so........ worst case I will have to make them
Markos Simopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #14
rallydallas
Board Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Default

Hmm looks like this FYI

#21 Jet 3517955
#22 Hollow screw 3517951
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic.jpg (182.3 KB, 126 views)
rallydallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:30 PM   #15
iHateVolvoPeople
Board Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Midwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos Simopoulos View Post
thanks for the help I will continue the search for the stock ones for know volvo doesn't mke them anymore so........ worst case I will have to make them
Worst case, you could just plug the holes (depending on your budget of course). That will be your cheapest option and the vehicle will be perfectly fine without them. Though this is not ideal.
iHateVolvoPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:34 PM   #16
swedefiend
...
 
swedefiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Default

I would think that sourcing these in the aftermarket should be relatively easy.

Diesel engines use oil squirters a lot. Perhaps you will have luck there.
swedefiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #17
John V, outside agitator
Board Member
 
John V, outside agitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sleezattle, WA, USA
Default

Yeah cheaper than BMW according to this
Hollow screw 3517951

Jet https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info2/3517955.htm

Jet
(Product info for: 3517955)
Part #: 3517955-VOL
View Product Details


Ships in 2-3 Business Days
$19.25
Quantity:


And
Ooooops...but all told easier even if 'spensive as fawk..

Part# 3517951-VOL
$33.25


May Qualify for Free Shipping
Available
Ships in 1-6 Business Days


At least uit only involves spending money and not thinking.
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:50 PM   #18
Markos Simopoulos
Board Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V, outside agitator View Post
Yeah cheaper than BMW according to this
Hollow screw 3517951

Jet https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info2/3517955.htm

Jet
(Product info for: 3517955)
Part #: 3517955-VOL
View Product Details


Ships in 2-3 Business Days
$19.25
Quantity:



And
Ooooops...but all told easier even if 'spensive as fawk..

Part# 3517951-VOL
$33.25


May Qualify for Free Shipping
Available
Ships in 1-6 Business Days


At least uit only involves spending money and not thinking.

tryed this already they don't sell it any more
Markos Simopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:30 PM   #19
John V, outside agitator
Board Member
 
John V, outside agitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sleezattle, WA, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos Simopoulos View Post
tryed this already they don't sell it any more
Well has any of the experts like Ihatevolovpeople or churd or Deeply Flawed told you whant the thread pitch is yet?
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #20
philski o'flood
Board Member
 
philski o'flood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos Simopoulos View Post
does anyone know of any place I can get oil squirters for a b230ft
Yes, there are currently 8 squirters in 2 different Volvos in the Chula Vista yard.
philski o'flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:50 PM   #21
swedefiend
...
 
swedefiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Default

.

Last edited by swedefiend; 08-21-2019 at 02:03 AM..
swedefiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:51 PM   #22
swedefiend
...
 
swedefiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Default

M8 x 1.0

From here

edit:// Just read that thread was for installing the BMW squirters.

Okay, so I failed. Tell us please, John.

Last edited by swedefiend; 08-21-2019 at 02:02 AM..
swedefiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:17 PM   #23
iHateVolvoPeople
Board Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Midwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V, outside agitator View Post
Well has any of the experts like Ihatevolovpeople or churd or Deeply Flawed told you whant the thread pitch is yet?
How is this even relevant to OP's thread? Keep your little whiny feelings in OT old man.
iHateVolvoPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #24
GTJordan
Been here for too long
 
GTJordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Edmonton AB
Default

I ran the part #3517955. The PN does not change up, and is listed as a no longer stocked item.

So no longer available even from Sweden
__________________
80 242- 2.5L 16V, NIW intake/exhaust, GT3076, T5 w/ 2.95 gearset, Porsche brakes, Gaz short coilovers/shocks and Kaplenkhe suspension, Trutrack.
Project Thread- http://www.turbobricks.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=324470
GTJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:49 PM   #25
John V, outside agitator
Board Member
 
John V, outside agitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sleezattle, WA, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateVolvoPeople View Post
How is this even relevant to OP's thread? Keep your little whiny feelings in OT old man.

You offer your experience about everything in the world everywhere...
You think very highly of your vast experience...in everything..
Can't get you to shut up even for a few hopurs, maybe you knew what the thread pitch was..

Crazier things have happened, little boy..

Oh it wasn't whiny feelings..It was cold sarcasm...
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.