• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

YoshiFab Turbo drain

I heated it up with a heat gun it didn't go in as easy as i hoped but it is now in and no leaks

Last edited:
I did it with the engine in the car, manifold/turbo off, engine cold, adapter frozen. Lots of room then the exhaust is not in the way to hammer that sucker in.

i did it the same way i didn't have the cap so it little harder the only thing i did was brake the edge to make it easier to start

From what I'm reading some people did it from the top?
I did it from under the car and the only thing I had to remove was the oil filter to have some room to hammer it in.

I just did this a month ago-from the bottom. I removed the oil filter sandwich to put a new gasket on it. I've had a kinda bad oil leak I'm trying to remedy. I put the yoshifab fitting in the freezer for a day. Engine was cold. Clean your hole with the supplied metal brush. I had to hit it with some force about 10-15 times to get it in the block-it's a tight fit! The supplied sealer (green locktite?) didn't seem to dry/harden on the outside for days-not sure why. The fitting was so tight i don't think it needed it but I'm curious if the glue/loctite was bad or just needed a hot engine to cure? I ran some oil through the block to hopefully flush out any possible debris from the cleaning brush. After install i used 10an barb fittings with aeroquip hose for the drain. I hope it can take the heat, supposedly it can. Might give it a heat blanket to protect it from the heat eventually-or just make a braided line.
No leaks so far, I've drove about 100 miles since.

Last edited:
I just did this a month ago-from the bottom. I removed the oil filter sandwich to put a new gasket on it. I've had a kinda bad oil leak I'm trying to remedy. I put the yoshifab fitting in the freezer for a day. Engine was cold. Clean your hole with the supplied metal brush. I had to hit it with some force about 10-15 times to get it in the block-it's a tight fit! The supplied sealer (green locktite?) didn't seem to dry/harden on the outside for days-not sure why. The fitting was so tight i don't think it needed it but I'm curious if the glue/loctite was bad or just needed a hot engine to cure? I ran some oil through the block to hopefully flush out any possible debris from the cleaning brush. After install i used 10an barb fittings with aeroquip hose for the drain. I hope it can take the heat, supposedly it can. Might give it a heat blanket to protect it from the heat eventually-or just make a braided line.
No leaks so far, I've drove about 100 miles since.

Coated PTFE line is fairly cheap these days, thankfully. It's the fittings that are so damn expensive.

Also did mine while engine was in car by simply following the directions as included by Josh. It's probably the only thing not leaking on this car.

Are you sure?
I measured three B230FT blocks and got closer to 25.1mm (1" is 25.4mm) which is a significant enough difference for a press fit to fail.

I guess I should of measured before posting. I was going off memory of the size of the hole. The hole is smaller than one inch on the block

I've drilled and tapped blocks in the car successfully, can't see how dropping in a slip fitting with some glue would be any kind of challenge.

Back