• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1991 740 N/A to executive?

bllrmbltz

well im a bit new here and i was thrown this way by "volvofourms". i am a proud savior of a 1991 volvo 740 n/a base modle. this car was in HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SHAPE! i fell in love with the body shape, the "tank" like build, and its ability to be built from the ground up which i am doing right now. i have this car almost to stage 0 and now im wondering imow how do i style this car to be even more agressive and "executive" look? right now i have have hat crap tan and cream dirt brown interior but on the plus side is the person before me already did a few sound system "upgrades" and modifications (such as cut out the dash board speakers and dropped bigger ones in). can anyone give me ideas such as interior colors, types of fabric, how to get rid of the cream dirt brown trim, and any other ideas how to make the car more "that tank is bad ass".

any help on links to buy parts inside and out wil be helpful seeing how there is NO 740 VOLVOS IN ANY SCRAP YARD IN ALL 7 SALVAGE YARDS AROUND ME! that and im tired of every time i google parts for it "andys auto parts" comes up and THAT isnt very helpful.\
pictures of your rides "execuitve" look would also be helpful :)

Hi. See signature.

But the best interior for a 740 must be the red leather (and dash and doorcards and trim). That's awesome.

Lol How funny I was thinking a white and red theme myself. Clean white on the outside ( quick question.. I see nice paint jobs done as stock where under the bumper matches the rest of the car.. But mine is black bumper down.. Should it stay or should I get that re done) and a red and black maybe with a few trim done in leopard print for giggles. My father in law does interior work so what exactly is a good way to explain what I want? Give me some ideas really?

And as for head lights seeing how that's the last thing needed to make my car factory perfect, is there any after market non sealed head lights out there that are bolt on? I'll get oem side lights but what are my options for the front 2 seeing how I already have the single rectangle ones.

Hi. See signature.

But the best interior for a 740 must be the red leather (and dash and doorcards and trim). That's awesome.

so how do i do the dash? its tha crap brown once again. is it a cover? a soak in paint? lick em and stick ems? great idea on he door cards though!

so how do i do the dash? its tha crap brown once again. is it a cover? a soak in paint? lick em and stick ems? great idea on he door cards though!

It's all factory stuff dude. But of course you can paint the original dash and doorcards.

Crappy pic:
interior1.jpg

that is sick >_>
how does one simply "paint" a dash like that?

They sell interior paint....couldn't you just ask your father-in-law if he really does interior stuff?

For inspiration, I sure wouldn't be looking at a Volvo interior for it...I'd mimic a benz or BMW or something a heck of lot nicer.

They sell interior paint....couldn't you just ask your father-in-law if he really does interior stuff?

For inspiration, I sure wouldn't be looking at a Volvo interior for it...I'd mimic a benz or BMW or something a heck of lot nicer.

he mostly does canvases for boats, re leathers seats, and anything else that has to do with a really freaking big sewing machine.
benz are all right i can deff see that in mind but BMW? yea your funny.
i work for he biggest auto auction in florida as over night registration so i see a lot of the nice cars that come in.
the best insperation how ever has been seeing other volvos pictures on this site and how everyone else did them up. im lookin for advice because this is my first project car and im really interested in making my tank.. more awsome.

If your in Orlando have you tried the pullandpay on jetport drive? last time I was there, there was a few 740s and a ton of 940s even a 780 (which still had a very clean two tone grey/dark grey interior and is specific to that car). Also the LKQ on Colonial usually has something as well.

If your in Orlando have you tried the pullandpay on jetport drive? last time I was there, there was a few 740s and a ton of 940s even a 780 (which still had a very clean two tone grey/dark grey interior and is specific to that car). Also the LKQ on Colonial usually has something as well.

they have a lkq on 50!?
ive been going to he one in daytona beach and they dont have any 740s.
i need new headlights do you know where i can find a number to call those plases to see if they still have those in stock? deff would like new seats though if they arnt water logged and i dont have to fix the heated parts.. unless its easy to change them out.

Back