• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Kjet not putting fuel to Injectors

You might try jumpering the fuel pump relay for a minute or two so that fresh fuel is circulated through the system. Normally, K-Jet will only turn on the pump when cranking is detected via a wire from the coil.

I've noticed. its actually kinda weird I have to at least bump it so it realizes hey I need gas

You might try jumpering the fuel pump relay for a minute or two so that fresh fuel is circulated through the system. Normally, K-Jet will only turn on the pump when cranking is detected via a wire from the coil.

That depends on the car. Most of my K-Jet cars have run the pumps for a second after the key is turned to run. Only one that didn't was an '81 242DL after I had the harness replaced. Stopped doing it for some reason.

To the OP, it's very important to make sure that the airflow sensor boot (cobrahead) is clamped down securely and evenly when trying to start the car. Otherwise, very little, if any suction will occur to cause the plate to lift upward and send fuel to the injectors. When the car is running, I expect it to run somewhat poorly, but it should start and run, if you have E10 gas in there. With E0 gas, it may run fine. My 245 sat for about two years with 92 octane E0 gas in it and ran fine when I started it up. It wouldn't idle, prefering to run at 3200 rpm, thanks to a maladjusted throttle switch, and was pissing oil out the oil return pipe hole in the block, but it otherwise ran well.

Before I swapped my 245's current engine into it, I took the fuel feed line off the fuel distributor (actually took the whole assembly off the airbox) and hooked up a pair of jumper cables to the junction block on the inner fender and to ground. Had the other end hooked up to the '92 245's battery. Put the feed line into a jerrycan and jumped the fuel pump harness plug. Pumped the now 5 year old gas out of the tank. After that was completed, I reassembled everything with new copper washers on the banjo bolts. Put some fresh gas in, and it ran as if it'd been driving the whole time.

-J

Some time around '81 - '82 Volvo/Bosch turned the air meter plate around so that it meters down rather than up, at least on my B28F.

All PRV sixes with K-Jet got the same air metering housing. Air flows down through it. Same as many Mercedes and other critters around the world. Done for what works for the manufacturer per application.

OP.... Verify that there are no false air leaks in the intake system. Search for the term. You're a noob to K-Jet. Use the search feature on this website. We've beat any and all K-Jet issues well and truly to death.

Hi Guys,
I have a 1978 242 Gt

I sent my mass air flow and fuel distributor to a place in Alabama. They rebuilt the whole thing and also redid my fuel lines. I bought new injectors and replaced the fuel filter. It seems like I have decent fuel pressure past the fuel filter but cannot get anything to come out of the fuel injectors. I took off one of the fuel injectors and pushed from underneath on the disc(air flow meter) and gas just dripped out of the fuel line. The weird thing is I still have a lot of fuel and pressure going back on the return. So it seems like the gas is not going anywhere and I?m really not sure what to do. Maybe my fuel pump is weak but it seems like it has decent pressure. Any ideas what I might try? Thanks

Wondering about the MAFS. The '78 was a K-jet and had a fuel distributor and control pressure regulator.

Also wondering about the Alabama tech. Bay Minette? What did he charge?

If you have K-jet the next thing you need is fuel pressure test equipment. 'Decent fuel pressure past the fuel filter' is 90 psi. Seventy psi after the fuel distributor regulator.

http://www.turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289775

Take out all four injectors and place each one in a clear gas safe container. So you can watch the injectors. Make sure they are firmly in the containers. You don't want one shooting out of the container spraying fuel. After that is setup. Jumper from fuse 5 to fuse 7 which will run the pumps. Use a fused jumper lead for safety with a 16amp fuse. Now when you raise the disc of the air flow sensor. The fuel should spray out of the injectors. You can lift it up pretty far and get a good look at the spray pattern. Since they are new they should look like a very fine mist screaming out of the injector.

Be careful doing this, as it's gas you are working with. That's how you can test the injectors. No one ever seems to have the tools for bench testing kjet injectors anymore. It was a hand pump type injector tester

This is one of those times where I wonder if the lines were swapped on the fuel distributor? Fuel is only supposed to flow in one direction through it. Check where you attached the fuel line.

Back