• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Yet another - Will these injectors fit B230FT?

Matilda Car

I?ve been wanting a minor injector upgrade from the 0280150804 and before I got into bypassing the resistor pack so I could have some options I wondered if these injectors would fit? I read that the Ford brown top injectors are a drop in and these are supposed to be a direct replacement. I can?t seem to find any info on the 804 injector dimensions ie. dia and length so thought I would ask here.

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/10399us380-36lbs-useuro-fit/

What mods have you done to your car that need more fuel?

So unless you made mods that need more fuel, it doesn't make sense to just swap in bigger injectors. Injectors are not a tuning tool.
Just changing the injectors without any other mods is pointless.

The stock -804's have some considerable headroom if you turn up the boost.
I run a 16T at 12psi on white -766 V70 injectors which have +/- the same flow rate as the stock -804's.
I only changed them because one was leaking.

So it might be wiser to use hi-z injectors from a FWD car which just straight drop-in.

Injector list with data:
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm#BOSCH

For sale thread with some white -766's.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=301784

What mods have you done to your car that need more fuel?

So unless you made mods that need more fuel, it doesn't make sense to just swap in bigger injectors. Injectors are not a tuning tool.
Just changing the injectors without any other mods is pointless.

The stock -804's have some considerable headroom if you turn up the boost.
I run a 16T at 12psi on white -766 V70 injectors which have +/- the same flow rate as the stock -804's.
I only changed them because one was leaking.

So it might be wiser to use hi-z injectors from a FWD car which just straight drop-in.

Injector list with data:
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm#BOSCH

For sale thread with some white -766's.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=301784

Thanks for the links and your help, I had come across the first one but just couldn’t find any info on dimensions and whatnot. One of mine is leaking as well and so I started thinking of some options beyond another set of 804. Figured something like the brown tops would do, not looking to use it as a tuning tool. Started looking around and wondered if maybe I don’t have to bypass the ballast and go to hi-z but perhaps that is the wiser route. Trying to figure out my options as I was under the impression that I was pretty much up against the limit of the 804 with my current set up and a slight bit more would allow me a little head room so to speak and I could turn it up more if I so desired.

94 - B230FT, ezk/ecu chipped, 3” exhaust, 15g @ 1 bar, AW71l with 4:10. Large Intercooler. Stock air mass, throttle body, and throttle position sensor.

Last edited:
Given your setup, I'd go with whites as mentioned, bypass the resistor. They are slightly larger, but also a better design, tends to idle better as a side benefit.

One of the locals here has pushed those whites REALLY hard and he still has good AFR's, at far more power than you're putting down.

94 - B230FT, ezk/ecu chipped, 3? exhaust, 15g @ 1 bar, AW71l with 4:10. Large Intercooler. Stock air mass, throttle body, and throttle position sensor.

I use the white -766 injectors with a 16T at 0,9bar, KL Racing Intercooler + redblockpowered's chips and my AFR gauge is showing perfectly healthy numbers.

I'd suggest installing an AFR gauge before swapping injectors - if you do not have one yet.

Given your setup, I'd go with whites as mentioned, bypass the resistor. They are slightly larger, but also a better design, tends to idle better as a side benefit.

One of the locals here has pushed those whites REALLY hard and he still has good AFR's, at far more power than you're putting down.

Thanks gsellstr I believe I will go this route, better design and especially idle sounds good to me. I am not looking to push huge power through this car as it is sort of a daily/road trip/fun car. Good to get some advice from everybody.

I use the white -766 injectors with a 16T at 0,9bar, KL Racing Intercooler + redblockpowered's chips and my AFR gauge is showing perfectly healthy numbers.

I'd suggest installing an AFR gauge before swapping injectors - if you do not have one yet.

Thanks Fa182, having healthy AFR’s would be ideal. I will go this route with the white injectors. I do have an AFR gauge but forgot to include it in my list of mods.

Responded while sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow for my wife’s s70 while she took off with my ride. Likely tranny death since fluid is a nice chocolate milk colour - looks like a rad failure. Wife now reports that it has been shifting funny lately, figured it wasn’t worth mentioning. Lovely.

Go for something modern such as Bosch Gen III injectors. The white composite body injectors mentioned are a good choice. They flow about 33 lb/hr at 3 bar.

Back