home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 05-15-2022, 01:02 AM   #201
snailmale
Board Member

Check valve arrived early so I went ahead and drained all the old gas. Don't bother siphoning out the top or the fuel filler hole, just use the screw at the bottom of the tank. It's much faster and a lot less painful to your body.

- '83 245 Turbo
snailmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 01:40 AM   #202
snailmale
Board Member

Some long awaited (to me, anyway) updates: Check valve is in, but ran out of time to pressure test connections. Job took 1/5th the time it did when I changed the accumulator and this is including the part where I used a coarse thread instead of that fine pitch one last time. Looks like that piece of tape I put on there is good.

Unfortunately I noticed the previous mechanics didn't route the supply line through one of the d-ring clamps, so you've got a fuel line rubbing against a brake line. Excellent. There's probably enough line to do it "right" but I'll probably pick up some more fuel injection hose.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:30 AM   #203
snailmale
Board Member

In today's episode of how the **** did the previous mechanic do this, I found out you aren't supposed to force on 3/8" ID fuel injection line.

Original thread: https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=351101

FCP has it for $7.99/unit so let's find out if it's per m or per ft. Otherwise I'll just buy the cheap Chinese knockoff off Amazon...
Old 07-19-2022, 05:43 PM   #204
dl242gt
Old and boxy but good.

Last time I needed that hose between the tank and the pump. I got it from Tasca for about 17$ a meter. Which is enough to do a 240.
1982 242 turbo. 338k miles. MVP coilovers and 3" exhaust. Flowed 405 with a V15. Cossie turbine housing with upgraded compressor housing. 90+, IPD remote oil filter. Some other goodness, too. Been lots of fun over 25 years. Restored in 2k. Now ready for a 2nd restoration.

1993 245 Classic, 440k miles, enem V15. IPD bars and chassis braces. Simons sport exhaust from Scandix. sbabbs ezk chip. Been a good road warrior. Genuine Volvo rebuilt leaky M47.
dl242gt is online now   Reply With Quote