• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

OK, bit more detail since I did the first start. Realized that the evo intercooler would not fit so I got one of these bar and plate boys from KL Racing

anUjnpfh.jpg

S4lxwLFh.jpg

Booger welded my downpipe to fit with the KL racing exhaust

uDPtuUdh.jpg

Spent way more time and effort making delicious Peruvian food than working on the car

X7o6fk0h.jpg

Built my first EFI wiring harness, for COP, sequential injection, boost control, launch control, etc. Car would not get a cam signal. Realized I had made a minor mistake when wiring the IAC and CAS plug next to each other. Turns out I really can't do anything right.

4iNoSgNh.jpg

LMo4OOHh.jpg

foLX1TFh.jpg

92Fxrs7h.jpg

Last edited:
Fixed the rear muffled hangers. They looked awful. Cleaned them up and welded M12 bolts at the ends to hold the hangers in place.

gnFP3Voh.jpg

moBeLiHh.jpg

Just took delivery of newly done coilovers. Smacked myself hard in the forehead with one of the struts while compressing a wheel bearing on the bench vise. Used 2x4s to keep finish from marring. Ouch. Cleaned up the garage as it was a horrendous mess. Anyway, this brings us pretty much up to date. John, I found your shifter foam!

al0ZHWwh.jpg

DrTMipfh.jpg

7UvCRdRh.jpg

Wow! What a transformation your 242 is taking! BBQ looked like a good time, and nice job on the relay board and efi harness! Didn’t think this 242 could get any cooler...

Back