• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 240GLE

snag that rear cam seal retainer off the old engine before you send it off! its a nice piece to have on a DD 240

Those coils ... you might end up having to replace your brake reservoir with something a bit smaller, that's really tight for how much an engine moves around (and I'm pretty sure that when you accelerate it leans that way?).

snag that rear cam seal retainer off the old engine before you send it off! its a nice piece to have on a DD 240

Will do, thanks mate.

Those coils ... you might end up having to replace your brake reservoir with something a bit smaller, that's really tight for how much an engine moves around (and I'm pretty sure that when you accelerate it leans that way?).

Nar engine won't move very much with the mounts Andy made, they are almost solid. I'm of the impression the other side of the engine lifts anyway.

Andy needs to make more... What type of cross member adjustments did you make for the engine? Did you have to cut? I like the color.

Andy needs to make more... What type of cross member adjustments did you make for the engine? Did you have to cut? I like the color.

At the moment, no crossmember adjustments have been made and nothing has been cut. The TH400 transmission fits perfectly in the tunnel and the mount holes line up with the existing AW70 crossmember. Still need to make a mount for the rear. I'm sure Andy will make more when the design is finalised :)

It would be easier to relocate the coils slightly upwards more than to swap out a brake booster. Sounds easy but it really isn't.

Even if the bushings split and the engine could rotate about the drive side mount the coils would probably be a few millimeters from hitting.
Ideally I want to find rubber bushings for the next few mounts I make as they are far more durable and flexier and way better at absorbing nvh.

But what if someone <--- wants to buy a set that likes violent torque for a future project? That is if you start a production... :wink:

Andy will make cash if he has something that doesn't require cutting.

Everything will be bolt-in using new mounts and adapters whilst reusing existing crossmembers. So no welding or cutting required what so ever. Its a simple minimalist approach but it works well and won't cost a fortune.

But what if someone <--- wants to buy a set that likes violent torque for a future project? That is if you start a production... :wink:

The mounts will be fine even with a engine that produces 1500 Nm of torque at the crank. Underneath the crossmember there will be a fish plate so that the stress is distributed over a larger area.

Last edited:
Forgot all about this thread! Have made some progress.

volvostrip2.jpg

Gee that's a strong cardboard box. Sorry couldn't resist :-P

Gee that's a strong cardboard box. Sorry couldn't resist :-P

It sure is, took a few days before it collapsed, and only then it only did due to being soaked in fluids. :-D

It's also amazing just how strong that single engine lift hook on the front of the engine is... I lifted the engine + transmission straight out of the car using that single hook. Was expecting it to come crashing down but it survived.

Very interesting that the old B230 has a cam seal plate on the back of the head too.
Where did you pick up this car from?

A very sketchy part of Melbourne with a lot of commission housing...

Is there anything you guys want from this engine before I scrap it? I need to keep the engine number registered against the car, so I can't really sell it unless I get rid of the number on the engine, but I'll take off parts and send them wherever (Australia...) if there's interest.

A very sketchy part of Melbourne with a lot of commission housing...

Is there anything you guys want from this engine before I scrap it? I need to keep the engine number registered against the car, so I can't really sell it unless I get rid of the number on the engine, but I'll take off parts and send them wherever (Australia...) if there's interest.

Nope. I'm good. Pop the cam out of it. It might be a K and therefore have some value.
I'm nearly finished parting out my 240. I can send you a list of stuff that might be of interest if you like.

Also, take a look at the OzVolvo forum - www.ozvolvo.org

Last edited:
Back