home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 02-15-2020, 12:52 AM   #276
2turbotoys
Salaminizer

Thanks! Ya, I was digging the look of course, and after comparing prices with comparable products, they are right there but look better and have stuff like dipsticks for your catch can.

I also had to get a vacuum manifold since my intake only has 2 vacuum ports. For anyone else looking at doing that, McMastercarr is the place to go. Industrial stuff in whatever material, of course I got anodized aluminum. The ones sold for cars are tiny and you end up with fittings larger than the inside of the manifold for the brake booster and climate control. Also I do not like sharing vacuum ports for the fuel pressure regulator with anything else.

1978 242, 5.3 L33
1979 242, MS, R brakes
2006 V50 T5 AWD @ 17 PSI
2turbotoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:28 PM   #277
2turbotoys
Salaminizer

My heater core installation turned into a lot of little side jobs. Removing all the K Jet wiring, sorting out the hack jobs others have done, attempting to restore the interior lighting, etc. My center console cover was in really bad shape, RWC hooked me up with a really nice one. Unfortunately many of these have at least a bit of broken plastic. My console was missing all the backlighting parts, so I am trying to find them. a biggie was the light bar that goes over the switches. I got a new one from Skandix, but my mounting points are long gone, so it needed some TB rigging. Two carefully cut bits of hard rubber and some superglue, back in business:

Posting a wanted ad to find the other bits I need, not really sure else what is missing yet.

So far I found 3 wire nuts in the dash. DON'T DO THAT! Wtf is wrong with people...

Dash light dimmer wiring is just totally gone, used for who knows what. I have to rewire that also.
2turbotoys is offline   Reply With Quote