• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

500whp Transmission options?

The richmond option is still available from summit/jegs, but only seems to come with a GM input shaft. But they handle flatshifting, and the two that I've driven arent too bad on downshift if you rev match.

The richmond option is still available from summit/jegs, but only seems to come with a GM input shaft. But they handle flatshifting, and the two that I've driven arent too bad on downshift if you rev match.

I've driven the faceplated tko600 and it wasn't bad....really though, if you are wanting a manual to beat the crap out of you have to be prepared for gearbox refreshes to be a common occurrence.

Even Bmw 320d 6-speed transmission holds 800nm, and is cheaper.
But you have to weld volvo bellhousing to it, it's very very important that the gearbox main shaft is in line with engines crankshaft, and that must be just right.

Then you can order clutches and crossmemebers etc. from Sweden.

Even Bmw 320d 6-speed transmission holds 800nm, and is cheaper.
But you have to weld volvo bellhousing to it, it's very very important that the gearbox main shaft is in line with engines crankshaft, and that must be just right.

Then you can order clutches and crossmemebers etc. from Sweden.

Is that the GS6-37DZ?

I came here to say you should run a powerglide, but:

Throw something different out there.. people are swapping these into things and they are super available.. Obviously going to need some custom parts but its a bad ass box for a slush box..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission

I 2nd this. I've got 2 friends with FCA products running these boxes and they're unbelievably smooth for a slushbox. If it's strong enough for a Demon (in 8HP90 spec), I'd bet it'll hold up to a redblock.

BMW 7 speed DCT. will hold 800 NM factory clutches. adapter plates available via domiworks, and for ease of electronics, use factory shifter and run the engine on maxxecu, it will control the DCT no questions asked. guibo and mounting the same as getrag 6 speed. recommended convert to drive by wire (easy) for downshifts.

looks like tremec is offering up a TKX. 5 speed manual synchro box, 600ftlb rated and RPM good up to 7500. Biggest plus is that it comes in smaller than the tko500/600 and has higher rev ranges than the old TKO.

looks like tremec is offering up a TKX. 5 speed manual synchro box, 600ftlb rated and RPM good up to 7500. Biggest plus is that it comes in smaller than the tko500/600 and has higher rev ranges than the old TKO.

I saw that, I am pretty interested. A slightly more compact, more easy shifting, tkx could be a really nice match for a redblock.

I saw that, I am pretty interested. A slightly more compact, more easy shifting, tkx could be a really nice match for a redblock.

I'm just about to pull the trigger. My t5 is tired... I went through it, billet cluster support, bells, whistles, upgraded g-force main shaft, then ended up twisting the 1-2 selector spline far enough that I couldnt get back into first. Tore it apart, and the internal splines on the selector looked ok, but the external ones on the main shaft were twisted about 1/4 tooth. enough that the selector wouldnt slide over. I've filed it down so it works, but it aint gonna work for long.

Back