• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Custom 2" Dual exhaust

Bloody244

so because of law and stuff i cant install a 3 inch exhaust (would cost me another 3 grand for the certification).

so is it possible to install a exhaust on the driver and passenger side with some fab work? 3 inch DP goes to a na DP from that one pipe is on the passenger side the other one goes to the driver side so that the front mufflers are in the cat location, the rear mufflers are in front of the rear axle and the exhaust tips are behind the rear tires

ANything is possible with though money and beer. You may want to check (get two straight pieces of 2" pipe some, say, 30cm long) if you can run both on the right side as the driver's side has the fuel lines. Or find a way to clamp at least one of them around the driveshaft tunnel. Split them when you get to the rear axle.

With that said, how did the V6 cars run their exhaust?

With that said, how did the V6 cars run their exhaust?

260 exhaust system image:
GR-31310.jpg

https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/...=7072&ukey_driveLine=417&ukey_trimLevel=28251

I have dual 2&1/4" pipes on my V8 car. The left side is mirrored after the right side, they go under the axle, around the tank and the mufflers go straight back and end at the bumper with short tail pipes, my rear sway bar has two humps up to clear the pipes, IPD made it for me in 1989.

I have dual 2&1/4" pipes on my V8 car. The left side is mirrored after the right side, they go under the axle, around the tank and the mufflers go straight back and end at the bumper with short tail pipes, my rear sway bar has two humps up to clear the pipes, IPD made it for me in 1989.

how much distance should there be between the rear axle and exhaust? im currently at stock ride height but want to lower it by 35mm

do you have pictures of the way they mounted it and the complete exhaust system?

Last edited:
Muffler up front in cat location with single 3 inch inlet and dual 2-1/4 inch outlets. exit on passenger side out the rear.

Pipe clearance

how much distance should there be between the rear axle and exhaust? im currently at stock ride height but want to lower it by 35mm

do you have pictures of the way they mounted it and the complete exhaust system?

I lowered the V8 car 2" and have 3" between the pipes and the axle. I made a hanger at the center bearing and used the stock rear muffler "pins" to hang the mufflers from using the stock rubber hangers and fabed a hanger to the mufflers. I put a hose clamp around the rubber mounts so they can't break. I used a muffler clamp, a piece of flat stock and a bolt at the top to the hanger. I also used a piece of threaded rod to tie the mufflers side to side.

I lowered the V8 car 2" and have 3" between the pipes and the axle. I made a hanger at the center bearing and used the stock rear muffler "pins" to hang the mufflers from using the stock rubber hangers and fabed a hanger to the mufflers. I put a hose clamp around the rubber mounts so they can't break. I used a muffler clamp, a piece of flat stock and a bolt at the top to the hanger. I also used a piece of threaded rod to tie the mufflers side to side.
I too am having difficulties visualizing this. Can you post photos?

Exhaust

I too am having difficulties visualizing this. Can you post photos?

Sorry I can't post photo's The right side follows the stock system the left side is mirrored to the right. the mufflers go straight back on each side just behind the bumper. Will try to get pictures posted.

Thanks, photos worth 1,000 words.

What is the effect of the x-manifold? Is it like the expansion chamber on a 2-stroke MX bike, evening out the exhaust pulses for smoother flow?

And, since you brought it up, are those real cherrybombs? How are they holding up?

Back